Hat/helmet/hair situation when you ride?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always with a helmet, unless I'm just testing out a bike. Anything more than a couple hundred feet requires a helmet. The one time I didn't was when I pulled a wheelie on the Highboy and over it came. Luckily I only sprained my knee and ankle. Even luckier, my brother caught it on his camera!

23vxs9l.jpg

If I'm on a beach cruiser around the neighborhood, sometimes I wear a skate helmet, usually not though... When I'm in Austin, I usually ride a BMX and I always wear my skate helmet, because drivers here are insane. Riding trails, its a full face 661 helmet. Anything other than a super casual ride, I wear a helmet. I gotta protect my good looks (and my brain, and hopefully my spine.)

LOL , I dont think I am going to need a helmet ever, The wifey says Im Hard Headed.... Works 4 Me

I’ve got a mountain biking helmet which I wear all the time. I think it looks alright, and the airflow is fantastic. Hat hair isn’t an issue cause I’ve got a shaved head! :lol: We’ve got helmet laws in Australia but even if we didn’t, I’d still wear one. Only time I wouldn’t would be on the cruiser on a dedicated bike path, but if Im near traffic or on the mountain bike I’m wearing a lid! Had too many close calls with stacks and cars over the years to know there’s a very good chance of cracking my head, so helmet it is.

Back