Have you ever?....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't have Target yet in Canada... and I avoid Wal-Mart like it's diseased. That and they really don't carry the same stuff here that you would see down there.

I do once and awhile want to but then I say no, one Target around here had a ladies Schwinn with a springer on it but around $200 it's easier to buy a vintage bike for the same price or less than to buy it for parts.

And why buy them for parts if they are inferior?

Yeah they make good parts. And at the price a lot of times you can't buy the tires and tubes that low.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Yeah, did you notice the ladies bike (Schwinn Lulu or Roxie depending on color) with the springer has the braces WELDED to the main fork?!?!?!?!
I guess they're harder to lose that way!

Cheers,
Dr. T

It was white and pink.

A few years ago, I almost went for a couple of Schwinn comfort bikes at Costco, but as I wheeled them up to the checkout I began to notice they were very poorly set up. I didn't buy them. Later on I bought a much more expensive Specialized for me, and a Trek for my wife. Might as well have bought the cheapie Schwinn badged Costco bikes. Later on I brought the real Schwinns out of mothballs, and I almost never ride the comfort bike at all.

JWM

Oh yeah! About 8 years ago, my wife and I decided to start riding bikes. We went to Target and bought a couple of Cranbrook's, $79 each......That was about 50 bikes ago. The only NEW bikes I bought since then are Electra Townies, last year. Anyone can bad mouth "cheap" bikes if they want. But If Target didn't sell cheap bikes, I'd still be sitting on the couch!

KOTA said:
Oh yeah! About 8 years ago, my wife and I decided to start riding bikes. We went to Target and bought a couple of Cranbrook's, $79 each......That was about 50 bikes ago. The only NEW bikes I bought since then are Electra Townies, last year. Anyone can bad mouth "cheap" bikes if they want. But If Target didn't sell cheap bikes, I'd still be sitting on the couch!
Good point.

THIS THREAD NEEDS PICS! :mrgreen:

deorman said:
bike%202%20047.jpg

Deviations from OE spec's. :

Gooey dirty blob replaced with actual grease
Sheet metal and WW balloons replaced w/small 65 lb black walls
Gearing compensated from 44-19 to 46-17
Handle bar replaced w/larger version
Wacky stock pedals replaced w/mtb type.
EZ bolt-on mount for pannier rack incorporated w/round reflector on fender mount
Bulldog brake, Cat-eye light, cheap bell added

The 44t sprocket was re-installed since the original post, an older wide bar with more pull-back, and some slightly larger, higher pressure tires.

KJV said:
i allways check to see if any are on clearance.
Same here. I passed on a Cranbrook this weekend . . . No extra ca$h! Looked like a good one too. Someone must have returned it when they were unable to stop. :shock: The strap was missing from the coaster brake! :lol:

Back