Haven't researched what I've got yet... Been busy!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went out Saturday with my brother in search of car parts for our muscle cars, my brother made a connection with a gentleman who was selling his father's estate (in part at least).

These bicycles were some hanging from the rafters, there's still a half dozen left. As a matter of fact, I wasn't the first in line buying bicycles... I can only imagine what was there prior to me.

Enjoy.

Was this rider 7' tall? LOL.

... for whatever reason, I only took one picture of this beauty. It's really, really nice. The seller describe another muscle bike they had sold, "It had a shifter and a taller bar in back..." I would venture to guess it was a Krate or Huffy Rail they were trying to describe?

Small padlocks... without keys, unfortunately. I'll get them a key at some point.

Sunday, my brother and I followed up on a lead with another gentleman who had some car parts for sale... It was 3 1/2 hours in the opposite direction from our Saturdays travel. He had a lot of car parts for sure, he also had a ton of other transportation related stuff too. Bicycles, he only had two :(. He did however have the market cornered on Cushman/Vespa. Kinda like a bicycle, right? I'm going back.

Last edited:
you ever go back again or you get what wanted on first trip?
Rusty! Is that you? :grin:
Rusty+shackleford_d0e80a_4763398.png
:rofl:

great finds... spring coming to NY< time to go find our own fonds like that :D

you ever go back again or you get what wanted on first trip?

I haven't had the time to go back, but going to try again this Saturday. I think I got what I wanted on the 1st go-round, but double checking never hurt anyone!

With the help of my friend Marty we'll decipher specifically what I ended up with this coming weekend. The String-Ray will probably get cleaned and detailed and then put up on Ebay next few weeks - I'd really like to keep the Sting-Ray as it is a very nice example of a complete, original, and damage/chip free muscle bike. The two girl bikes I'll try to sell at the Hayesville, KS swap meet coming up at the end of this month. http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/6th-annual-midwest-bicycle-swapmeet.90337/ If they don't sell they may be destine for Ebay too.

The old rusty Schwinn, the one I'd like to keep... I have an offer to sell. Argh! LOL.

Clark

Last edited:
Back