Hawthorne Old Girl

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Picked up another old girl today. This one is an early 50's Hawthorne I think. The add said it was Korean War era, thus the lack of chrome. Not sure about that, but is is a pretty nice complete original bike it even had the Wards Riverside Mate tires, but they are a little shreaded. Also still has the Delta sealed beam headlight that plugs into the tank. I think it is a HP Snyder built frame because the rear dropouts have the adjustable fender brace/rear rack holes, but not sure of the year yet since I don't have any info on HPS serial numbers. The s# is under the bottom bracket and is only 25EH. The hub is a New Departure model D skip tooth. Thanks if any one can help with the year???
DSC00244.jpg

6 volt battery I'm guessing?
DSC00243.jpg

love the funky struts that are formed to go around the sealed beam
DSC00245.jpg

Marty...what does Jackie think of you picking all these old broads up? Shoot...you're getting as bad as Sills! :shock: ! Very kool old bike,as usual...P 8)

that light looks really heavy on that bike....i'll help you out and take it off your hands!

That is one sweet lookin old lady Marty! Now, quit showing pics or I may think I need it! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Latest posts

Back