hawthorne project bike for the wife

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i finally got picts of my wifes hawthorne
IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

i really wanted outdoor shots of it in the yard, in the sun... maybe the wife to stand with it with looks of optimism of her husband bike skills. but no. that yard is buried under 2 feet of snow, the sun is somewhere up above the downpour of rain and wind, and as for the wife... i wasn't even gonna push it.

this is the free hawthorne, guessing early 60's, that i got a few weeks ago. gonna start tearing her down (the bike, not the wife) this afternoon, FINALLY, and slowly get her ready for prep and paint. got a pair of bobbed chrome fenders from my own 93' murray that'll go on there perfectly, as well as a better set of wheels and a lot more.

gonna go at this project nice and slow, and i had to wait this long to take b4 picts b4 i started to tear her down. allready have it torn down half way, but am gonna wait till temps are better b4 i sand her down and paint her. got a different wheel set to put on, but the front is a regular 26" and the only rear i had was an s7 schwinn wheel for the back. hope i can find a conventional 26" rear wheel with coaster in the next few months. originally, was gonna convert it to caliper brakes front and rear with a 18t freewheel on the back with a matching rear wheel, but the wife wanted "foot brakes".

thanks for the comments guys. allready have the wheels and new fenders i am going to put on it and can't wait to share the photos when i am done, but gotta wait for it to warm up b4 i can go paint shop on it.

Back