Hawthorne Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picked this up a few weeks ago swapped out a few minor parts cleared the frame and added some brick red tires
before
PA130005-1.jpg

after
PB020002.jpg

PB020003.jpg

PB020004.jpg

PB020005.jpg

PB020006.jpg

PB020007.jpg

PB020008.jpg

PB020009.jpg

Re: prewar Hawthorne

i really like that chain guard!looks like an exclamation mark!perfect bike.i would leave the seat the way it is.ha.id like to buy that seat?

Looks good. Did you clearcoat the frame also. Looks shiny.

The redtires really work on the black frames.

Looks great.It's amazing how tires change a bike. :D

Is that what you guys are doing!?!?!?!!? cleaning good and Clear coating!?!?!?! No wonder my columbia doesn't look as good as this. <running out to get some clearcoaat.> :D :D

I'm finishing up a Hawthorne a couple years newer (1955 I think) in a similar style, I am very exicted to finish it up. Seeing this make me want to hurry and finish it up. Your bike looks great. :D

I used to bomb mount tamalpias in marin county CA in the 70s on a hawthorne frame
the bike had excelent geometry
I remember the new departure hubs not being well suited to downhilling though :-(

that is a freaking beautiful bike man
take care
JAK

SkidMark said:
Taillight is 1932 :mrgreen:

I have a bare metal seat like that on my tallbike, and it is actually comfortable.
I have found the metal pans and deep springs are just about as comfy as any old saddle
thanks guys it was a fun build :)

Back