Headlight and Tail Light Gallery - Post Pics Here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done boys.... That's the unfortunate thing about text... You usually can't hear ones inflection... But I think MOST people are here to help and share! What's so funny bout peace love and understanding?!

I bought this light from this forum, and I've been waiting for the right build to add it. I did the easiest LED conversion in the world. I just stuffed it full of an LED light string, and boom! done. The battery box is under the skirt guard, easy-peasy. It's a cool light.
IMG_2749_zps7d7f50ee.jpg

IMG_2748_zps0f5c0609.jpg
Rocket-Man-Looking-at-Movie-Poster--85016.jpg

I really ..Realllly like that light!!!

Here is my small collection of lights. I have more, but the others are boring or generic.

IMG_1236.JPG

I am still finishing this light up, I think that it may be my favorite when it is done. I started with an old metal friction "patrol" car then drilled the front headlights and turn signals to install 5mm LED bulbs. I installed amber bulbs is the turn signal locations, then epoxies them in to make sure that they stay in place.

IMG_1237.JPG

IMG_1238.JPG

UNREAL! Very crafty and I bet its gonna look BOSS on someones rider..Think of reproducing more of these? ;)

UNREAL! Very crafty and I bet its gonna look BOSS on someones rider..Think of reproducing more of these? ;)

Yeah FZ, it is real fun to make lights from old toys! The problem is that the old toys are getting expensive! These led bulbs work nicely with the little A23 12v batteries that are available now. Easy to wire up, just need a switch. The battery trays for the A23 batteries are cheap and easy to find also.

Yea I bet those tin toys arent cheap., and it takes a junker shell to really feel compelled to "molest"? it with a drill.

Here we go got the rocket up an running and did my usual of putting on front and back lights retrofit both to LED operation. Front is just a Bikepal vintage real glass lens with a two piece custom brazed together mount. Rear is a towing magnet safety light gutted and converted and mounted using existing hole in rear fender....
M1wRZHc.jpg
8MSKkzK.jpg
wNz7Veu.jpg

Looking on ebay I found RC model lights in every shape, style going and less than 12 volts, really cheap, anyone used any of these lights and give an idea how much light they throw out? The quadcopter lights seem to be bright as heck and I even see halo lights for the DJI copter that seems a good way of making halo lights for insides of headlights!

I just typed rc lights into ebay it has 1000s to choose from at cheap prices i think the LED componenents that are ready made up to plug and play are ideal. Will have to wait for my lights to get here before i can decide which direction to go in but thanks fella!

Got a new light up and running on my Ward Hawthrone build. It's a 1930 Farmall tractor headlight and bracket. Modified of course light is working with led driver, led, switch, an 2 9 volt batteries
jFl5WeC.jpg
5cvptgQ.jpg
Very nice work! suits the bike perfectly!

Luke.

Back