Headlight and Tail Light Gallery - Post Pics Here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still trying to download photos.....big problem . anyway, kool lights guys.. I found that a really good source and method for making a front or rear fender light is using an old rusty fender section......cut a length off...squeeze it narrow.....drill one end and clamp together while installing a bolt or fastener.....fab a small mount bracket using fender bracket bases. Install underneath an led flashlight (hidden from view) with a piece of formed aluminum(so u can pop it in and out easily to change batteries) gobb up underneath a large strip of clear silicone on each side of aluminum or thin steel for flexibility and you got yourself a pretty darn nice looking ratified modified personified lite. I really like the look and plan on using it on my bike for RRBO#9 By the way...when is that to start?

1014111_719669071423659_2051718597_n.jpg

1935 Ford Tail light, converted to LED with a custom Clapper lense

I used a foglight/spotlight from a Harley Davidson and retro fitted a LED flashlight into it. I used the battery holder and on off button in this head lamp. It's totally self contained. The on off button is on the bottom protruding through the original mounting bracket hole. I fabricated a bracket which I screwed into the fork arms.
3egazydu.jpg
umezy2un.jpg
vu5u9ury.jpg
aruny7ez.jpg
ejasydut.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a foglight/spotlight from a Harley Davidson and retro fitted a LED flashlight into it. I used the battery holder and on off button in this head lamp. It's totally self contained. The on off button is on the bottom protruding through the original mounting bracket hole. I fabricated a bracket which I screwed into the fork arms.
3egazydu.jpg
umezy2un.jpg
vu5u9ury.jpg
aruny7ez.jpg
ejasydut.jpg

Sweet!

And here is what I´m thinking of using as rear light...
IMG_08681_zpsdd03bb54.jpg

Can anyone identify this blinker?
Would be nice to know where it comes from...

Here are my headlights, nothing too complicated as the thieves will actually break brackets to steal them here.
1403955092_zps5a7c72f2.jpg

Couple seat clamps and a 12 bulb l.e.d. flashlight.

1403955100_zpsec9004c0.jpg

I hate handlebar mounted stuff, so I made the mount! Ok, I bent a rear reflector mount...

1403955096_zps1957ded8.jpg

L.e.d. converted, soon to be run off an external battery source.
1403955101_zps1436d38c.jpg

This is my super cheap and light weight e-Bay mount.

Well I'm not using these anymore but I'm sure I will at some point; dynamo head lights converted to led (made them 3ish years ago)

Large headlight 9 led flashlight. Managed to cut the back just right that I could screw the end of the light together through the housing; cut the reflector so the front of the light is a tight fit and doesn't rattle.
yve9udaj.jpg

5ybe6aha.jpg

mybanuve.jpg

Smaller headlight mounted to rear fender single red led now tail light. Used a dollar store book light and replaced the bulb with a red one from a free heart shaped promo light that happened to use the same 3 button batteries; slightly enlarged the hole in the reflector and was able to screw the trim ring for the book light back on to secure the light; cut the back end off of a matching led flashlight to the one on the headlight and mounted that end on the back to make it match the front one, soldered the flashlight click switch to the wires that were for the book light switch and voila a nice bright tail light (still using the same 3 button batteries it came with and bright as ever)
y5uzu3ab.jpg

y6u8y5up.jpg

yhajatab.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the tail light that I made from a glass jeweled tag light shroud on my BO9 bike starsNbars
index.php

WP_20140803_14_29_32_Pro_zpsebde7228.jpg

Back