Hello from Chopadero PeeWee

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copied from my bike build thread in the builds section. I'll post pictures of myself and my rides soon. Is there anybody out there from the SF Bay Area? I live in the Maria area of SF.

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18731&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

HI, my name is PeeWee, and I commissioned this bike. I'm an OG member of the Chopaderos, originally with the mother chapter, but recently a member of the Nomads chapter. I wanted to build this bike to commemorate my move to San Francisco, and have a bike that's perfect for riding around here. I have put together over a dozen bikes of my own, but this bike goes way beyond my skills, equipment, and free time. I knew Tex would be the perfect one to build this bike because, he not only can put together a custom frame, but incorporate all of the performance and kustom parts I wanted beyond that. Being a part of the birth of this bike has been an amazing experience. I never expected the journey it would be! At first we were thinking of a bike for around $800, that would not be too out of control. Now we are at around 4x that amount with the rear wheel alone almost more than the original budget. Its a dynamic relationship having an artist make something for you, that you are paying for, while still respecting his artistic vision, skills, and opinions. I'm sure Tex will agree that it is not and easy journey, but it is very rewarding. I hope he can use this build as a stepping stone to do greater things, and I will always give him all of the credit for this build. As I'm sure everybody won't agree with every aspect of this bike, I am so happy with it, and in my mind it will be one of the best bicycles ever built. It is everything I have dreamed of and has almost everything I ever wanted. I'm sure every one of you has laid awake at night thinking about what we would do if we could build our "dream bike". Well, for me this is that bike. Believe me, every little thing on this bike has be pondered, argued over, changed a few times, and finally settled on the best of the best, down to the last nut. Nothing on the bike is normal or "stock". I hope all of you keep inputing your very valuable opinions as this build comes to a close. The only bad part about this build is that now I have at least 2 more projects lined of for Tex to do, with budgets equal to this, including building up my new limited edition Basman frame (from my buddy Da Flixster) and a totally custom motorized bike. Oh Well. I leave you with the video clip that inspired this build.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4HZcKJ55Zc

P.S. How do you imbed a video on this site?

Welcome aboard!! I can't wait to check out your other posts...Good to have 'ya!

welcome pee wee cant wait to meet you face to face let's roll

welcome PeeWee to the forum i know i will see this bike at the next CHOPADERO ride or maybe sooner at the SF bike Expo

hey Gold Street you meet J-Luv from San Diego and REF from San Jose those were the 2 CHOPADEROS

Sorry, I had to miss the Rodeo, but it will be good to meet all of you at the bike expo!

PeeWee

image00301.jpg

Back