Hello from Dallas TX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just started redoing a 1958 Deluxe Hornet Schwinn. Probably will take some 'liberties' in the 'restoration' of it.

Looks like some nice bikes on here and thought I'd join up.

liberties mean custom!!!! welcome would love to see some pics

thanks I need to dust off my photobucket account...so that I can post some pixs. I've got it sand blasted this weekend and it's in primer.

The 58 Hornet deluxe...as it started. This bike is my Dad's old bike it's probably been in the family about 30 years. 'Restored' by a farmer in Southeast Missouri. :) This time around it will go back red/black and chrome. The rims actually had chrome under the white paint.
IMG_0356.jpg

All Blasted.
blastedbike.jpg

In Primer
Primeredbike.jpg

The front wheel
IMG_0390.jpg

This is my wifes bike a 1964-65 Spaceliner...picked it up at a garage sale. Needs some tube repair and it's ready to cruise.

IMG_0361.jpg

cool hornet and love the hub cap (?) on the spaceliner crank! will look forward to seeing the hornet get put together!

Troy

when I bought the spaceliner I didn't know anything about it. I just saw it at a local garage sale and figured is was worth 25 bucks since it was so cool. :) It's all there except for the rear taillight. I did a little clean up on it. I found out that they cleared the chrome and if I remove the clear it will shine even more.

Making progress on the Hornet. Yep it's going to be Red, Black and Chrome. Just ordered whitewall tires, hornet decals and some black grips....plus I'm going to get a kick back seat post so that I don't have to have the seat so high.
Should be back together tonight...cept for the tires...they should be here in about 5 days.

Back