Hello from Holland

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I've spent a good time reading and looking on this forum before registering, mostly since I didn't have anything interesting to say. I'm 23, a student living in The Hague, the Netherlands. Studying product design, which luckily gives me access to a very large workshop.

This board has convinced me to start a new project, after restoring a couple old road bikes, building two tall bikes, a fixed gear or two and building a city bike / cruiser.

I love looking at pictures on these forums, so I guess most of you do too. These are some of the bikes that I have had or still have, but not all;

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

The blue one has been my 'daily driver' for the past 18 months (it has a little more than 1000 miles on it since being a tallbike).

Why did I join? Because this board inspired me to build a boardtrack racer. After tinkering with road bikes I wanted something different, and this should give me a bit of a challenge :). I recently bought the basis, a 1965 Schwinn Panther and springer fork. I could drop pictures here but I'll start a build thread instead (or you can take a peak here: http://www.rikelmendorp.com/boardtrack/).

Anyhow, thanks to everyone here for the great forum and I hope to stick around for a while.

Rik

Welcome Rik! A tallbike for a daily rider, that's hard core! :mrgreen: I really like the look of that Peugeot mixte, and your boardtrack project looks nice as well. :)

Back