Hello!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I'm just starting to discover how cool these rat rod bikes are. A little about me...

I work in a bike shop in the hot, humid, overpopulated state of Florida.
I am in to mountain bikes and riding them, more so than cruisers and road bikes.
Singlespeeds are awesome, even if someone doesn't see you riding it. I commute 10.5mi to the shop on Saturdays and Sundays.
I don't like using a car as transportation, but at the same time, I'm not a tree hugger. Being "eco friendly" isn't driving a Prius.
I have 17 years of experience in this world. The past 2 have been absolutely consumed with bikes.
I call people that ride opposing traffic "salmon." I yelled at 2 of them on my ride home today.
My goal is to eventually own a bike shop, most likely in Pennsylvania.
I plan on going to college at a branch campus of Pitt, UPJ.
I enjoy bringing old bikes back to life again, and wish I could do it more.

And now to what brings me here.
I have recently undergone a project... a 1979 Schwinn Spitfire. I am in the process of stripping it, and the next step will be to have it painted. I'm going with satin black, and a guy I work with at the shop will be spraying it. I want to keep the 2 speed Bendix hub on it, but I will take it apart and put it in top shape before the bike is said and done.

Pleasure to meet you.

Hello!

I've been stalking these threads for years for invaluable advice and guidance.

I wanted to introduce myself: I am Ariane now living in Ventura.

I have a roadie bike (Cannondale FS R1000) about 7 years old (which I might sell and buy a fast touring or mixte bike (I know that's an oxymoron)); an older Gary Fisher Cake full suspension bike that sometimes torments me on advanced trails (or perhaps it's my skills!); and a fun hybrid for around town that I tried to make vintage, but am afraid now looks industrial. I have recently ordered (but not received) a Brompton folder in raw lacquer.

Hello to all and thanks for your great discussions over the years!!

It make me think that I am making informed decisions!

It was great experience to join this forum and be a part f you Guys!!

Thanks & Regards
Ariane Schoenwetter

Back