Help choosing a bike rack

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I figure it's about time I need to pick up a bike rack if I wanna ride anywhere I can't ride my bike to. I need a heavy duty trunk mount rack that isn't hundreds of dollars. I would also like something that is able to carry an older girls tank bike securely without too much trouble. What have you guys found out there that works well? Thanks in advance for the help. Mike

fordmike65 said:
I figure it's about time I need to pick up a bike rack if I wanna ride anywhere I can't ride my bike to. I need a heavy duty trunk mount rack that isn't hundreds of dollars. I would also like something that is able to carry an older girls tank bike securely without too much trouble. What have you guys found out there that works well? Thanks in advance for the help. Mike
do you want it mounted to a tailgate or roof rack?

Actually, a hood mounted rack would be nice, so my bike looks like a big hood ornament. J/K. A trunk mounted rack is what I need for my '96 Grand Marquis. It's pushing 200k+ miles, so I kinda need something I can move onto another car when this one croaks.

outskirtscustoms said:
A Grand Marquis? Just throw them in the trunk :lol:

I would, but that would conflict with my side business of running across the border. They call me "El Coyote" :mrgreen: JK. Yeah, that trunk is freaking HUGE, but I have a sub box and all kinds of crap in there(usually random bike parts).

Latest posts

Back