Help, what to do with '87 Fuji Sagres SP road bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok peeps, I've got this '87 Fuji Sagres SP in very nice shape. Could use some fresh tires but besides that, its very clean. I bought a year ago to exercise on. It is a nice rider, but boring, now that I've gotten into modding bikes with my 60 cruiser. I'm wondering if you guys have any ideas on what options I have for modding/rodding/ratting this bike out. It's like a 61cm frame, so its larger, which is good because I'm 6'4". I'm wondering if I could cut it up and do a full custom frame. I'd really like to do a stretched out frame. It's got a 12 speed setup with shifters on the frame.
Or, should I try and sell it to get money for an older frame that I could customize. I'd probably shoot to get $150-$200 on craigslist or ksl.com/classifieds (local ad thing). The bike is all original. It was the top of the line road bike for the Fuji company in '87. Check the pics and send in your ideas/opinions.
Thanks,
hechtrod
Fuji_Road_Bike_003.jpg

Fuji_Road_Bike_002.jpg

I obtained these next two from a bike collector on bikeforums.com last year when I was trying to get info on the bike i had jsut bought. Here's a spec sheet and a Fuji brochure. Cool eh?
198835ComponentSpecifications4.jpg

198823SagresSP.jpg

I'd flip that puppy in a heartbeat and buy something else.

Road bikes are the best flipping material...well, at least here in Dallas. :wink:

Fixie!
or
Single speed with a moustache handlebar or internal geared hub..
with an old hairpin saddle.. make it very very retro..
paint it black laquer.

Well, I've put it up for sale or trade. I just like the old frames too much. And I don't think I can get much of a tire on this thing. The bike is totally in awesome original condition, I can't bear to tear it apart. If it was a more flexible frame, I would. Thanks for the advice. I put it up for $229 obo or trade for an old cruiser bike. :)

Well, being 6'4" myself, I really look out for tall frames. If this is the right size for you, hold on to it, you might like the ride of a road bike.
From the headtube it looks like about a 63, which is pretty good depending on how long your legs are, I have a 69cm that's pretty good for me, but that's as tall as I can ride and I have long legs.

Back