Help with a Huffy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine picked up what looks to be a late 60s or early 70s Huffy 3 speed. He was wanting to find out more about it and the killer Huffy tagged Yellow Submarine seat it has on it. If anyone has any info, let me know. Pics are below...Thanks!

2011-04-30-225319.jpg

2011-04-30-225332.jpg

I have never seen one like that but I know at some point the Beatles called on Huffy to build them a bike to promote their Yellow Submarine album. Could be kinda rare. Google it, you'll find a bunch of stuff.

Ok...so I did a little snooping on the interwebs and found a bit about it. I am still confused about the dates though. In 1968 they made the Yellow Submarine bike in a very limited quantity for giveaways...all of which are said to have been girls bikes. I also found a few places that showed the bike with a 1976 date (both girls and boys versions). Am I to assume that this is a 1976 re-release?

Anyone got any more info?

No info for sure but kinda makes sense to me... I have only seen girls in the past and Yellow Submarine had a release date of 1968. I also think now that you mention it, it was a give away thing the Beatles did.
I know a guy who's got one I could ask him if he wants to get rid of it if someone is truly interested.
(Edit: I guess it could be early '69 but you get the idea)

66olds98 said:
How much does your friend want for it?! :shock:

Oh, you must understand that he has become Locutus of Bike...there is no separating them right now. :)

I don't know if his mind will change once he finds out how much this thing may be worth. The seat alone has sold for $300. I will keep you posted though.

As I predicted...after doing research, he has decided to try and sell the bike. I will get him in touch with any interested parties.

Back