help with different fork sizes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, i remembering hearing once on the forum that the headtubes on old female bikes are longer than their male versions.

I'm looking at buying some forks but the headtube length is something like 7.25" long you guys think this will fit a male bike? the forks look awesome but i'd like to not have to cut them

this is the bike frame i want to use
flyer01.jpg

i havnt gotten the frame yet because i just won it so its in the mail....

Now that's a frame with character! Great looking chainguard and the frame insert/tank in truely cool!
I don't know much about the older frames (still learning), but don't take for granted that all boys headtubes or all girls headtubes are the same length. There is no standard in any of the headtubes. I've got several boys frames that have different lengths of headtubes. Same with the girlie ones. Many manufacturers do use the same length, but some don't. You also got the different size frames, which usually have different sized headtubes. Best bet is to wait until your frame arrives and then go from there.

thanks for the words chainsaw, unfortunately the ebay auction for the fork was about to end so i went ahead and got it
I've always wanted one of these
fork01.JPG

all i know about the fork is that its for a luxury liner, and i know my frame that im getting is modeled exactly the same as the roadmaster luxury liner, so i went ahead took my chances.

wish me luck :p

I kind of just went through this with the fork on my peashooter. The fork I bought (repro monarch) was to short. If you look at the early pictures in my peashooter thread you can see that the fork tube doesn't protrude from the top of the bearing race. Lucky for me i had an old girls monarch I bought from a buddy. So long story short I had to cut the girls fork and buy a die to run the threads down farther. These dies are expensive but, I lucked out and found one on e-bay cheap. Wish you luck.

tikiharl said:
I had been watching those all week, decided not to bid at the last min. Glad to see a fellow rat get them.I had just bought these off of the bay and couldnt justify getting another in the same week, (I really wanted it though :mrgreen: )
2f7b_1.jpg

haha thanks for not jumping in on the last second :p i really wanted these so placed a pretty high max bid in the last second and someone almost beat me.

is the stem on yours the same length Tiki??

Back