Herbie The Lovebike!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 90%
9   1   0
Well, i thought since vw and bike collectors go hand in hand i'd build a bike to combine both. i had originally planned to build this Iverson as a Kustom Dragger but found a better donor bike for that one. I found a banana seat on ebay that inspired the build. the stripes are on the wrong side but it'll do. this is an early 70s Stelber built Iverson Road Runner. Im in the process of "fabbing up" some racing handlebars. I'll be running Ceasar slick tires front and rear and i've made a stencil to paint the goodyear lettering on the sidewalls. i've also ordered some plastic wheelcovers that i'm going to paint the wide 5-lug wheel bolt pattern on. not much done so far but i want it to turn out right so im taking my time.

the inspiration. . . .

i know you can buy these but i thought i'd make my own bicycle tailpipes. so i used some old handlebars and made a pair of peashooters.

i have this tag i bought for my mazda truck i had done up like herbie. . . .

i had this bicycle license plate i took off a bike. . . . . . and i went to the print shop and told them i wanted two tags the size of the bicycle tag that had the graphics of the herbie tag on it.

the result. . . . . herbie the lovebug license plates!!

Latest posts

Back