HEX53: complete

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HEX53: Two Heads, better than one?

Shrunken head from ecuador. Is that what's going to happen to the competition? !!!

Lot of fun and sweet stuff going on here!!!!

Tonight its a roller... Tomorrow its a beer (ESB)...

Here is the bike... added all of the metal work, badges, reflectors and rear lights, better shots will follow.
d13c99bb.jpg

Thinking about adding a bottle opener, inspired by the our last camping trip...Thoughts?
6d1b8e71.jpg

Tomorrow night is brew night!
e5058658.jpg

Re: HEX53: Bike VS. Beer (spoiler alert, beer wins)

If I catch the next fly I´ll be there by night! :lol:
Bike is AWESOME!!!
I would place the bottle opener closer to the rider :mrgreen:

Seeing it complete makes me think it would compliment your build from last year, they would look nice side by side.

Man, wish I could help sample that brew and raise a pint to your bike!
Bike is looking great!
I am all for a bottle opener, but maybe not that one or that location. It just seems to wide and almost an afterthought. While the rest of the bike flows. Maybe curve the mounting surfaces of the opener, but also move it ot the downtube or seat tube. Just my 2 cents.

kingfish254 said:
I am all for a bottle opener, but maybe not that one or that location. It just seems to wide and almost an afterthought. While the rest of the bike flows. Maybe curve the mounting surfaces of the opener, but also move it ot the downtube or seat tube. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed, maybe mounted on one of the oil can plates if it's stout enough, though a backing plate would likely stiffen it up enough.

socal_jack said:
kingfish254 said:

Agreed, maybe mounted on one of the oil can plates if it's stout enough, though a backing plate would likely stiffen it up enough.

Hey, here's an idea. What if you cut a hole in the side of your oil tank and recess the bottle opener inside and have the caps fall into the oil tank???

Green P1 said:
The bike is looking spectacular! Just my opinion... but I don't think the metal plates on the rear are needed. They kinda upset the balance of everything for in my eye.

This brings up a good question... I'm a little on the fence on the rear plates at the moment... the original concept was to put graphics on them... Like to here peoples thoughts on them!

Should they stay or should the go???

design1.jpg

design2.jpg

design3.jpg

design4.jpg

Re: HEX53: Should they stay or go- advice welcome

I like the lil Hot Stuff guy along with the red striping on the rear.

Re: HEX53: Should they stay or go- advice welcome

OK...

The big build is done, when I add the chain and the shifter this bike is done, it's so hard to let go!

Now time for the details (and we all know the devil is in the details :wink:), this last part of the build is the always the hardest and I'm starting to feel the pressure.

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DSC_0008-3.jpg

DSC_0010-2.jpg

DSC_0015-2.jpg

DSC_0017-3.jpg

sup.jpg

Re: HEX53: Build done. Now.. the details!

Looking very sharp and it goes perfectly with Frightliner!
Have you used the jet recently?

Re: HEX53: Build done. Now.. the details!

Peatbog said:
If I opened up my garage door and that bike was sitting in there, I'd be pretty happy.

Thanks... I'm petty sure that Hex53 would be sad having to be overshadowed by Eliminator, I asked him and he said he'd rather stay at home, he has wheelie bar envy.

Re: HEX53: REDUX opinions wanted

I like the fact that the bottle opener is right side up now.
I like the pouch.
I like it better with the rear metal than without, but it's your call. Looks great either way.
I like the 8 ball too.

Latest posts

Back