Hey from Ohio

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought i would say hi. I just finished my first bike. It is a schwinn typhoon that had been spray painted for a 4th of July parade. I brought it home, cleaned it up, repainted, tweaked it a little and put it all back together. I'll post before and after picks in the gallery section.

I can't wait to start the next one. I have been reading this forum for about 4 hours a day all week. there is a ton of great stuff on here

I guess I'll just post the pics here

Here is the before

1799291708_62ed5e13f9_b.jpg

The After
1807490002_6b11d68967_b.jpg

I have a bunch more in between, put I'll save those for later

WOW! :shock:

Now that's what I call a transformation!

The bike looked like a Superman bike in the before photo.

Very nice work.

Here is a picture a friend of mine took with a cell phone of me riding.

(I am not Big Boy, that is just covering my ugly mug)

1830224149_a3f0b2b054_o.jpg

The frame, chaingaurd and front fork is actually painted a storm grey with just a touch of metalic. the fenders are flat black

That pic is funny. Welcome. I have a girls Typhoon that I turned rat. Look in photo section my crew.. Similiar style as yours..
Nice bike..

Thanks for all the nice comments.
I need some help with my seating position. I really like the look of this low banana seat from brandonehansen's AMF Roadmaster.
1715694093_39d71e9750.jpg

By moving the seat back I hope to gain a little more leg room. right now when I turn I have to spread my legs to the outside of the hadledbars like i am using a "ThighMaster"

I can find plenty of banana seats and sissy bars, but only online. I wish i could get my hands on one to get some actual measurements.

The Typhoon measurements are as follows:
Axel sraight up to a line level with the top of the seat tube is about 14"
Top of the seat tube straight back above the axel is about 12"

Any clue on what size seat or sissy bar I would need to get it to sit nice and low like the picture above?

Thanks!

Just call Debbie or the fellers at BikeWorldUSA.com. They are awesome. They really know their bike stuff and are really easy to work with on the phone. I was having headset issues, and one of the guys totally knew what I was talking about and hooked me up.
518-399-2368

jeff

Latest posts

Back