Hey from Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I'm a high school film teacher in Northern California who has recently rediscovered my love of bikes. My first love was a Santa Claus-delivered red Sting Ray with a 5-speed stick, banana seat and sissy bar. I recently bought a rusty but relatively new Electra Swing. I teach next door to an auto shop teacher so I took advantage of the opportunity in order to sand blast, weld and paint. I drool over the vintage bikes on this site but, at the same time, I realize that I probably have a bike that is much easier on my old bones. This experience has me scouring CL for resto or rat opportunities but this often seems like a fruitless pursuit in California.

The picture below is a lousy cell phone snap but I find the look of cruiser + Prius to be worth a chuckle. I call her Rat Poison. I know there has been a "Ratt Poison" build here before but I can't think of a better name considering the graphics. More pics as I progress. Next step calls for street sweeper fenders I think.

Thanks,
David

3972207125_ae6827300b.jpg

Welcome !! This place is the greatest..I love Santa Cruz by the way, actually built my current cruiser just to go down and ride along West Cliff drive..my girlfriend is from SC. originally, so I am in the process of building her a cruiser too so we can get down there and ride together..

Back