Hey

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I live in Alameda, CA and have been a long time enthusiast of vintage American made bikes.

Most of the bikes I have owned have been Schwinn cruisers of one sort or another. Currently, I own this 2008 custom ordered Worksman:

bike.jpg

bike3.jpg

When I ordered this bike, I bought an extra frame for an even cooler ride I had been planning in my head for quite a while. The inspiration was my dad's 1932 Ford Roadster which won an award at the 1962 Oakland Roadster show. The frame will have the welds redone and smoothed out with cables run through the frame via frenched openings. The frame and rims will be powder coated in an orange that my dad came came up with and the forks, cranks, sprocket, spokes and gooseneck will be powder coated black. The remaining parts such as the bobbed fenders, handlebars, nuts 'n' bolts, bearing cups, etc. will be nickle plated (I hope). Lastly, it will all be finished off with some old skool pinstriping (tasteful and understated) complemented by a hand painted "Mr. Horsepower" as the headbadge just like the one that was one that was on the grill of the roadster.

I plan to begin work this fall or winter and hopefully will be done by spring. I'll post my progress in the "Builds" forum.

The '53 Ford in the back ground is another project. It was my dad's since at least '64. It's really fast, but doesn't steer or stop well. Sadly, that will cost a lot more to build as planned than the bike :cry: .

Take care,
BDL

Back