Hi from North Texas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Discovered site about two weeks ago, just joined last week. Some of the bikes posted on here are incredible. I s about got back into bicycles about five months ago with and cheap craigslist Murray cruiser bike. Stripped and rattle can new BB/Crank, cheap wheel and tires, new set of apes, lots of new grease. Had forgot how much fun working on bike and just cruising around neighborhood was/is. Since then my oldest has returned from USMC, we have found and rebuilt a couple more. Adult size Stingray Retro, a lowrider from and old craigslist schwinn frame, currently work on 1971 Schwinn Racer, and 1967 Schwinn Typhoon, and a Huffy Rail 24 inch for my youngest son. Love looking at the bike on this site for inspiration. Sorry for the long post everything just starting rolling out there.

Just want to thank everybody who has left welcome message, nothing like that on some other message boards I have been part off. Looking forward to being member of this site

Think I have this posting of pics figured out so lets try and post some pictures of what my son and i have done so far, nothing compared to some of the great work on this site, but having a great time working on them. First is a old murray bought off craigslist. Stripped, rattle canned, aped new wheels and tires few skinned knuckles and cuss words. Came out not too bad for my first build on a bike in over 30 years.

Will post more pics later of my sons schwinn low riderbuild and my Retro Stingray bike.

Thanks for looking

Think I have this posting of pics figured out so lets try and post some pictures of what my son and i have done so far, nothing compared to some of the great work on this site, but having a great time working on them. First is a old murray bought off craigslist. Stripped, rattle canned, aped new wheels and tires few skinned knuckles and cuss words. Came out not too bad for my first build on a bike in over 30 years.

Will post more pics later of my sons schwinn low riderbuild and my Retro Stingray bike.

Thanks for looking
Looks real clean and old school, nice job

Here are a few pictures of my favorite bike that I have as of now. Started life as a motobecane cruiser bought of craigslist. Stripped and powdered, banana seat, apes, 26x2.5 hookworm rear 26x1.95 cityslicker front. Great riding position just like when I was young. Know its not a vintage frame but man do i love this bike.
Fresh from powder coating

Out in the sunshine white really pops

On rack getting closer

Completed

Thanks for taking time to look.

Just thought I would post a few new pictures of my first build, after picking up this week a craigslist huffy for cheap. Swapped out rims, chopped seat post down to get seat a little lower. I got the look I was going for not a classic by all means but I think it looks cool. So did some of the neighborhood kids so I got that going for me.

Latest posts

Back