Hiawatha balooner of unknown manufacture

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The middle of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It’s coming along. I’m looking for a thrift store old big box mountain bike for a wheel donor. It’s done until I get wheels. It’s got a long head tube. I needed a fork with a 7.5 inch long fork tube. I had to weld on an extension on to the only one I had that was for balloon tires. I used a lot of existing parts from my stash. I think it’s from the 1970s. I don’t know who manufactured the frame. I found a number on one of the drops.
EE44AA3E-D61E-4B49-91E3-2BD8C3C22AC2.jpeg
638C2768-817C-4A4F-8EB1-97955C3CC080.jpeg

AMF made (Roadmaster), late 50's to the late 60's. The number will get the year. The seat post tightens like a handlebar stem, no collar on the frame.

AMF made (Roadmaster), late 50's to the late 60's. The number will get the year. The seat post tightens like a handlebar stem, no collar on the frame.
That’s right about the seat post tightening like a stem. It’s too short so I got a long replacement post and modified it so a clamp works. The new long replacement posts are robust, not like the Wald units. Thanks.

Back