High Voltage Nash>> Withdrawn>>>>

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Pile of parts

High V Nash The Parts pile. Yes it's going to be a Trike, Schwinn frame, Stolen Cable DCT's, for the Metal, don't worry I am a Cable Guy, Air Tank and Horn. And a few more parts that I need to rob from various sources.

DSCN0711.jpg

DSCN0713.jpg

DSCN0709.jpg

DSCN0714.jpg

DSCN0710.jpg

Re: High Voltage Nash

I had the same delima almost anyway I had to stop an go into work so I got interupted cant wait to see those pics

Re: High Voltage Nash ((First Pic's))

Now I have to wait till 5p to start.

DSCN0711.jpg

I remember those Nash skateboard SO vividly, like it was yesterday!

This should be cool.

The High Voltage, Alpha Cells to run stuff.

DSCN0715.jpg

And a Big Block Crank that I found at a Thrift Store/

DSCN0716.jpg

Another part got delivered, a 37' International head light, now I need a cool set of tail lights to match. It's good to know people who will let me borrow parts. After the show they all need to back home to their owners.

DSCN0720.jpg

I am definitely following this build. Are you using the Nash as a seat or a rack or both? I used a couple of skateboards for the seat and back on BEER RUN last year. It's not as uncomfortable as some would think.

You have an eclectic set of parts. You definitely have my interest.

High Voltage Nash

Sinner4 said:

DSCN0716.jpg
Do you have all of the bottom bracket hardware for your crank? I almost bought one once, but found out the they have an unusual thread pitch/diameter and finding the hardware is close to impossible.

Critter1 said:
Sinner4 said:

Do you have all of the bottom bracket hardware for your crank? I almost bought one once, but found out the they have an unusual thread pitch/diameter and finding the hardware is close to impossible.

I haven't, I might be out of luck then. That would be a bummer.

kingfish254 said:
I am definitely following this build. Are you using the Nash as a seat or a rack or both? I used a couple of skateboards for the seat and back on BEER RUN last year. It's not as uncomfortable as some would think.

I want to make my own set of forks for the build, I was thinking of using it on the forks as a head badge kind of thing.

I wish the weather would cooperate a bit so I can weld in warmer weather.

Sinner4 said:
kingfish254 said:

I want to make my own set of forks for the build, I was thinking of using it on the forks as a head badge kind of thing.

I wish the weather would cooperate a bit so I can weld in warmer weather.

Maybe you could bend it into a curve to make an awesome fender????? :shock:

yoothgeye said:
I've n ever seen one of those cranks, I want one!

critter1 said:
Do you have all of the bottom bracket hardware for your crank? I almost bought one once, but found out the they have an unusual thread pitch/diameter and finding the hardware is close to impossible

Wow you learn something everyday. I found a very rare unit there.
I did find a set of bearings Down Under. The shipping is more that the price of the BB all together. And a completed crank and BB from someone in the states is even more. I'll order the BB and then if need be I can sell and make money on the deal. Now I hope it fits in the BB Shell.

DSCN0716.jpg

There is a lot of potential in this build and it doesn't need to languish in the back pages.
Here is a courtesy bump and request for an update.
What's new on your build?

Holy cow, I haven't even really started, Thanks king fish. I had some parts problems, should have been collecting parts for a year or two. Its Africa hot out there and going to start finding the parts again.

Tried to weld on faux gas tank wire mesh and the welder didnt like the metal. Going to check on some expanded metal behind the shed. Ya see I never throw anything away, I just misplace it for ever.

Gone is the trike build and just concentrate on the 2 wheel Steam Punk theme. Never have tried that kind but there's always a first time.

Going to get it done or ride able in one week.

New parts, found the big reflector on a power pole today, just had to have it.

DSCN1153.jpg

Steam Punk, need to attach the 18 inch coaster wheel to a 26 inch wheel, a little welding to follow

DSCN1150.jpg

Gussets from a next full suspension bike to beef up the old Schwinn

DSCN1151.jpg

Expanded metal, not sure if or how it might get used.

DSCN1152.jpg

The rear gussets are done, the new welding wire and wind cooperated for me. And now to weld in spokes for the rear.

The front is going to have extended forks with a small front wheel.

DSCN1154.jpg

DSCN1156.jpg

Welcome back into the mix!
I think you need some more rims!!!!

Latest posts

Back