HMMMM

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you consider BUILT FROM SCRATCH? my take is you build the complete frame from scratch not add a couple of tubes to existing head tube or rear end. am i missing something here? clue me in. i don't get it.

Outlaw

ok, thats what i was thinking. why is there some builds in here that are not built from scratch? i think they should be moved to bike builds. the one's that are done right are lookin really great. keep up the good work.

Outlaw :wink:

I'm letting Uncle Stretch keep up with that forum.

He's pretty particular about what gets in there so he must have overlooked the ones you are referring to.

At he risk of being overbearing , I have felt like if you chop the needed parts off of a frame, Your build will qualify as a built from scratch. Not everybody will produce their own head tube and BB. I do , but I'm not normal. If a build doesn't qualify as a scratch build I move it . I leave a shadow in place so the builder won't think I just wiped his build. In another day I remove the shadow post. The frames here should be all produced from scratch. Hope that helps.

Bottom brackets and head tubes are available for purchase new, they are an industry standard and correct size tubing is near impossible to find to make your own, cutting and reusing bottom brackets and head tubes from frames should be commended IMO recycling/reporposing is what we all should be trying to do more of..either way, no different from buying new at the end of the day, still tubes with nothing attached...yet..... Uncle Stretch is on the money keep up the good work mate....and the good scratch builds ol fella :p :mrgreen:

KiM

AussieJester said:
Bottom brackets and head tubes are available for purchase new, they are an industry standard and correct size tubing is near impossible to find to make your own, cutting and reusing bottom brackets and head tubes from frames should be commended IMO recycling/reporposing is what we all should be trying to do more of..either way, no different from buying new at the end of the day, still tubes with nothing attached...yet..... Uncle Stretch is on the money keep up the good work mate....and the good scratch builds ol fella :p :mrgreen:

KiM
Reporposing... like when Flipper comes up for air?
Sorry man, I had to. I was sitting here alone laughing out loud at the image that jumped into my head... just needed to share it so I could think about somethin' else.

Rev.LowBuck said:
AussieJester said:

KiM
Reporposing... like when Flipper comes up for air?
Sorry man, I had to. I was sitting here alone laughing out loud at the image that jumped into my head... just needed to share it so I could think about somethin' else.

Glad you found a typo so amusing, as they say goes, small things amuse small minds :)

KiM

Back