Holly

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
primersfiner,

Good call on describing the bend of Hooch's bars. They definitely resemble the fold-down bars found on the old Honda MiniTrails.

Here are a couple of pics to show the similarity. This is a frame-up restoration that I'm in the middle of. It's a 1971 Honda Z50 K2. It's currently disassembled. All chrome has been re-plated. All bad parts are being replaced with OEM or NOS. I already have all the parts. Just need to find time to finish the painting.

Resto

Bike as I got it.
DSC00364.jpg

Cleaned up and starting to disassemble.
MVC-020S.jpg

Hey Hooch, nice lookin bike, I'm dyin to do one of those for my wife, just haven't found one yet. As for those bars, I just saw a similar pair on a 1937 Shelby Airflow Supreme that is on ebay. If they are the same they are called Torrington handlebars, sound expensive. :mrgreen: nice bike!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... :B:SS:CA:1

As cool and uniques at the other bars were I like these better on this bike.
I know the seat is for comfort and it's a good looking seat but I think it would look better a lighter color. Maybe one of the colors on that egg or maybe speckled like the egg. With a worn look of course.
Then again with the black of the tires this seat might be ok. I'm torn. Maybe if the black was a little faded.

yea I am looking into options with the seat either a different one or painting or covering this one. its a seat off an electric scooter on ebay those are the best cheapest seats to buy fairly decent quality very comfy and this was $3 and it came with the super long seatpost thats on my pixie

Back