Horn Tank Wont Horn Tank

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You ever get a horn tank and open it up and it looks like it never had batteries in it? Then you buy some fresh D cell batteries and put them in and push the button and nothing. Ok your thinking maybe the batteries are in wrong...so you swith em around and.........drumroll..........nothing....ha ha well that was my thing on my dial your ride womens huffy. I have read some forum posts here saying to lossen and tighten the diaprahm screww and w-d 40 so i did all that but I found a quick way is instead of pushing the button jump it with some pliers while you turn it in case the button isnt working....anyways wallah it worked and I messed with it and did a little this and that and now Its functioning and irritating my wife!!!!ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny how those little cheap horn buttons won't last 40 years. If you get real enthusiastic and try to take them apart the little spring inside will jump into oblivion. I sprayed one with contact cleaner and it started working again.

Latest posts

Back