hotwheels 66

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know what years felt made the howheels bike and how many were made,i. Was told 08 was the 40th anniversary for hotwheels and they made them in 09 too,is this true and how many where there.

The 68 was built to commemorate the 40th anniversary of HotWheels. I think that the numbers were <800. I was thinking about buying one until I heard rumor that the derailler was crap. Besides that, do you know what $1099 can build?!?!!
-john

You have a point there,i know there were 2 model. Years the first year the tank weld was sloppy,the next year was neater i saw somthing about the derailer but was a quick fix,i thought i saw somthing that there only 200 made each year,im lookin at one for 700.00 in new condition was seeing if it was worth it as a collectable

You know. That sounds about right. I can see where they probably made it a second year. HotWheels guys are NUTS! They collect anything and EVERYTHING HWs produces. I can see why(if they did) they got a second run. He'll, they're doing the same thing with redlines from the 60's. At $20 a pop. Or should I say "REpop"? As far as collect ability, I dunno. I am sure that there are a few of them put away for future college tuition. If you're gonna buy it to kick around. $700? Felt is one of the nicer bikes out there( if you can get that derailler fixed)

-john

Let's see some pics when you get it! I am still curious(almost enough to buy one at a good price like you found).

-john

Ok. This is what I know. I own one and it's # 16 of 250 thats it. It has no shifting problem. It was a rear cog of which felt will replace it and as of a few months ago still will. The only thing you may want to do is get rid of the crappy brake rotors. Put some nice Avid rotors and you've got yourself a serious hot rod. At $700 it's a steal. You've got a bike no one else has or will have.

DSC02129.jpg

speedwaysteve said:
Yours looks very cool the headlght is awsome

Hey I had to change it up a little. I'm 5'9 and the cockpit was really cramped. So I put a lay back seat post and put some flip down bars.
The light is for looks only and from Walmart 11 bucks then painted. Thanks.
Did you get it?

I didnt get the hotwheels bike,the guy sold it before i could get there...sux was very pissed...im still lookin,i might have to settle for a deep six.if u here of anyone selling a hotwheels bike pls let me know tks

speedwaysteve said:
I didnt get the hotwheels bike,the guy sold it before i could get there...sux was very pissed...im still lookin,i might have to settle for a deep six.if u here of anyone selling a hotwheels bike pls let me know tks

Sorry to here that. I think the six is has some sweet lines. The only thing I would change on that bike if I had one was to make it a 3 speed by brake down the rear wheel and relace the hub.

I work at the design center at HW, we have about 4-6 66's we use as messenger bikes, they are all in various states of use or disrepair (beat).
A '68 just showed up in the lobby this week after a photoshoot. I think it looks odd without a headlight, I don't understand why they didn't use a Nexus 3 or 7 in that setup? Anyhow a nice bike we have #40 of 250.

Ya was pissed oh well..i have a deep 6 coming,, probaby make it 3 speed with disc brakes,,abe are any of those bikes for sale let me know pls and tks guys

Back