how can you get so dirty on something without a motor

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant believe there is probably only a spoonful of petrolem products on an entire bicycle . Why is it when you build one you are completely covered in grease.
I try to stay clean and before im done im filthy. My wife cracks up when she sees me come in from my shop and im totaled. Her first question if im trying to put a used diesel motor on a bike. I sweep and wipe everything down but its a never ending job just to keep the grime away,much less all the dirt and rust off of 60 year old bikes. There is no telling how much lead paint dust we inhale . Is it just me or does everybody end up with one finger sprayed trying to hold that part and spray where we missed. :lol: :lol:

I've gone through some serious quantity of rags and shop towels since I started messing with bikes.

I end up practically taking a bath in Dawn dish soap when I come in from the garage. :lol:

It's not the bike, it's just you. I noticed a long time ago while working at a dump truck place that some guys could use the steam cleaner on bulldozer tracks and stay clean doing it, and I'd get dirty walking across the shop. Sort of like Pigpen in Charlie Brown, if you remember him.

hahaha
pigpen.jpg

I like getting dirty, everything I do is tidy and neat, as a graphic artist/artist and printer I just naturally am, it helps keep things looking nice. So to get a little grease under the nails is nice. The thing I hate is when a part decides to be a dingaling yehaw jerkface and you star loosing pieces of skin and bleed to get that never gonna budge race nut of that ancient CCM crank, sing about that one Big Sandy!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Priceless expression.

Yeah now that you say that uncle stretch.. All the lead paint haha.. :shock: yikes lol

The countless smoke breaks, heavy oils, and other substances going through your system, I just wanna give those !*&@%# zombies a fight they wont forget when the big one happens

i think the bikes your workin on just want to make sure your wife doesnt think your just out there starin at the wall is all :mrgreen:

I stay relatively clean,but my shop thats another story I usually get called by my lovely when I am in the middle of something and set down what I am working on, to never be found again!!
Then spend another half hour looking for what I was working on. :(

Gold Street Customs said:
I usually get called by my lovely when I am in the middle of something and set down what I am working on, to never be found again!!
I can relate to that. Mine wants me to stop and eat while I look all grimey. Almost have to take a bath in go jo. She just throws my t shirts away. :shock:

Latest posts

Back