How come I can only see half of the pictures?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, not just you - me too. Been this way since I started on this forum and nothing I have tried has made it any better. I have just learned to live with it.

I thought it was sized automatically somehow.

On other websites, an oversized picture makes the whole page too big, I assumed this website was set up to take care of that.

It is a case of people not knowing how to resize images...or just not caring...and I am on a laptop if that matters. The site should limit the size of images...period. Otherwise you create a high-bandwidth site that excludes those with laptops, smaller monitors or on dial-up...

My pics are 800x600........Anything bigger will be cut off, at least for me.

Unfortunately this forum software isn't set up to automatically resize the photos that are posted.

That may be a feature in a future release.

Currently the site is set up to display 800x600 images without them being cut off.

Many folks post 1024 x 768 though and that is where people with laptops run into trouble.

One work around on the smaller screens is to right click on the image and select "View Image" if you're using a PC.

I've a 17" mac book pro and I see things fine on that, but when I use my desktop at work things cut off there. Small price to pay for something I love, and something I get for free. 8) :p :p

I think I have found a forum mod that will enable auto photo resizing.

I'll see if my programmer can get the mod installed.

I didn't want to get anyone upset, I didn't understand the whole picture thing and wanted to see if I could fix it :roll:

Rat Rod said:
You're fine my man....nobody's upset...or at least they shouldn't be.

Life's too short. :wink:
Yeah, lets spend that time with the family and building bikes before the old man comes calling.

guess steve got the photo re-sizing hardware! :D the pics started changing sizes as i was scrolling down a post! thought my coffee had been dosed! :shock:

Back