How do I replace these wheels?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first trike I have ever messed with, and these back rims are nasty. I would like to go to a smaller size actually, but how are these type of wheels replaced? Are these specific wheels that is only used for trikes, or can I use something else? I have about 12 junk bikes I can use for parts, but no other trikes.
IMG_0255.jpg

i relaced 20" rims on mine. you can spend the bucks to get 20" for it. you will need to find out what size the axle is and start searching for some. http://www.bicycledesigner.com/defaulth ... heel%20kit has some but don't know if they will work. pm me if you need help on relacing them. it took a min to do but it was cheeper to buy the new spokes (15.00 for 200 spokes) then to buy two 40+ dollar wheels that i had no idea would work..

I have an old trike that I replaced the wheels on. I used the spindle hubs that came with the bike, ( just like in your photo ), and laced them up to the rims that I wanted to use. In my case I used the schwinn stingray 4.25" rims and they laced right up to my old spindle hubs. Easier and cheaper. Hope this helps.

Ok, silly question. What is the best way to get the pin out that is holding on the hub? Ive hammered and it is not moving. Will I mess anything up if I drill it out? I'm not worried about the rim because I'm not going to re-use them, I'm going to go with go-cart wheels, but I don't want to screw up the axle's.

Back