How long can you get away with having a bike in the house?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FOREVER! That's how long I can get away with bikes in the house, heck when I was married she had a fit about my metal shavings in the carpet so I turned it into a motocross track with my ol YZ 490......
Honestly, I have never been told no, it's a deal breaker. I always have/had bicycles and they live with me! My dog comes inside also!
The kids are a little different story, their huffy thrashers stay out, the good bikes go in the garage.I have a feeling my 8 yr. old boy will be sleeping with his new bmx after his birthday.

I can't stop reading the updates here. I don't qualify for this test since I live alone and have 3 bikes in my living room right now along with a 1960s folding suitcase scooter. The only people to comment on the bikes were the cops that came over to investigate when a drunk neighbor shot out one of my windows with a BB gun. I had just gotten 5 boxes of Electra wheels and thought they might think I was running some sort of illegal bike operation but all they said was that my bikes were cool.

Keep the testing going.

Still waiting to get my fixie up and running so it can leave the dining room, and though my wife has made broad statements of "piles of bike parts" nothing has been asked of the bike to leave, if she asked, I would do. However, since this is still going on, I need to think of what bike will come into the house the day I take the fixie out...

perhaps one of my BMX projects...

yoothgeye said:
Still waiting to get my fixie up and running so it can leave the dining room, and though my wife has made broad statements of "piles of bike parts" nothing has been asked of the bike to leave, if she asked, I would do. However, since this is still going on, I need to think of what bike will come into the house the day I take the fixie out...

perhaps one of my BMX projects...
That's big brass bringing a "project," in! My inside bikes are complete!
When I lived in the ghetto in B.C. Michisuck, with a 120# american bulldog, a 8' privacy fence, steel door on the garage and no windows, had to bring bikes in or they were stolen.
1st time the ****** cut a hole thru the roof, the second time my drug dealing gangsta neighbor caught a guy cutting thru the outside wall from his side of the fence. No he didn't call police, yes he beat the ever loving crap out of the guy.
Getting back my Schwinn Corvette the first time was interesting, I worked for Comcast, traded work orders to stay in my "hood." Before lunch I found it sitting at the local beer and crack pipe store. Waited in the parking lot, the guy was 125# soaking wett and I was 200# of pissed off cable guy tackling his thieving .....self. I broke his arm, and collerbone, got charged with assault, he was in jail for stealing my bike, couldn't testify I'd assaulted him......
Jerk scratched my bike crashing off it being tackled.

sweet. have just added a medium rusty to the pile think positive thoughts!

I'M OUT!

This morning at church my wife mentioned to me how stressed she has been, she badly sprained her ankle a couple weeks bad and that has kept her from running (training for a race) and hurts to get around the house. She mentioned how messy the house was and that she couldn't clean it with her foot this way. So, I came home and cleaned the house, including moving the bicycle from the dining room. I guess technically its still in the house, but not really.

Anyway, like I said, for now, I'm out. However, during this time, she never once asked me to get the bike out of the house.

I will play this game again.

yoothgeye said:
I'M OUT!

This morning at church my wife mentioned to me how stressed she has been, she badly sprained her ankle a couple weeks bad and that has kept her from running (training for a race) and hurts to get around the house. She mentioned how messy the house was and that she couldn't clean it with her foot this way. So, I came home and cleaned the house, including moving the bicycle from the dining room. I guess technically its still in the house, but not really.

Anyway, like I said, for now, I'm out. However, during this time, she never once asked me to get the bike out of the house.

I will play this game again.
That's completely understandable, sir! Hope your wife makes a fast recovery!

yoothgeye said:
I'M OUT!

She mentioned how messy the house was and that she couldn't clean it with her foot this way. So, I came home and cleaned the house, including moving the bicycle from the dining room. I guess technically its still in the house, but not really.

Your wife is a gem, but she is also crafty! :wink:

kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:
I'M OUT!

She mentioned how messy the house was and that she couldn't clean it with her foot this way. So, I came home and cleaned the house, including moving the bicycle from the dining room. I guess technically its still in the house, but not really.

thats what I was thinking, she just thought of the sweet way to say it, I havent tried having a whole bike inside, parts of bikes I can get away with, headlights and taillights look pretty cool being displayed on the book case tho

Lowlife Lucas said:
That's completely understandable, sir! Hope your wife makes a fast recovery!

Me too, she went from running 5 miles early in the week to not being able to walk at the end, she is pretty upset. :cry:

kingfish254 said:

Yeah, I knew this whole "Stepped into a pothole while running and ended up on my face thing" was all made up! I bet the scabs on her knees and shoulder and the bruising and swelling in her ankle is all done with Crayola markers!!! :lol:

dragnusa said:
I havent tried having a whole bike inside, parts of bikes I can get away with, headlights and taillights look pretty cool being displayed on the book case tho

Funny... I keep books on my book shelves. :?

Time for you to go for the full monty! Bring in the bike! :wink:

He gets the entire basement.yes that disqualifies him.Stepping over bikes to do laundry gets old, but i love my lowpowerd! gasp he cleaned! I guess I'll keep him! My living room is for grooming, knitting, spinning, TV watching, no biking... I do like the idea of how long can I keep my husband out of the house.. Move mini fridge in garage... Jk. But seriously our kitchen is a closet.

o.k. so wow my Wife has just let me use the half remodeled bath room as paint booth cause its to cold in the shop to do a good job my wife gets some cool points for that +5 or maybe even +7! bikes are staying at same level and think that I will keep the level the same for a while.

Troy

Alright folks, I'll up the ante to nine bikes with another one coming soon for the build off! Ok, I'm really not playing fair here since my wife is semi ok with the bikes. Yeah she rolls her eyes a bit with every new one I bring home, but she secretly likes them I'm sure.

My Mountain bike was the first.
8E380958-CFF5-478C-B6D1-9A14F815B543-6678-000005BBE102E4D6_zps45b26568.jpg

Then came my wife's hybrid, then her cruiser, then my cruiser. Yeah she's cool like that.
C86E3BB8-9082-4E10-8A77-AB994EE8B8F0-6678-000005BBF017B419_zps8909ab70.jpg

74F8BECF-32D5-4A2C-97DC-4CB9E37518AD-6678-000005BBFE293937_zpsb1e80cc0.jpg

Then we have a few upstairs in the two guest rooms. Here are three more. a torker frame that's waiting to be built up, a Murray built Sears bike from the late 50's for my nephew, and a mongoose chopper for my best friend's son
82C63955-6117-4EB6-A601-4AE9B31FCD59-6678-000005BC0C8C9D41_zps1fa20500.jpg

Then in the other room we have two more. My 51 Black Phantom awaiting it's turn to get fixed up. I will probably pee off some of the purists when I finish that one! I also have a 66 Columbia that's for sale, but I might just tinker with that one if there's no interest in it. It would look awesome with some LED's in the tank. It would probably make a nice Coca Cola bike too.
12449A9B-62C4-4EE9-910E-3461FF4A4871-6678-000005BC24ACCEFC_zps4d93b223.jpg

152D2C72-310F-4964-B08E-1A3490E4DF66-6678-000005BC1AD33E1A_zpsf2c1fc98.jpg

I have a '52 Green Phantom coming up for a build this summer. Thinking about using LED's in the tank too. Would look awesome on night rides. I can hardly wait to see what you do with your bikes.8)

She says..."baby, that would look so good in the living room" . :shock: :D

march2013029_zpse6b7f6c2.jpg

march2013030_zpsdfbe45c7.jpg

march2013017_zpsf3a96d05.jpg

Yeah, she's really cOOl like that! :wink:

I feel sorry for you guys that cant bring them inside, my wife has decided that we need to turn the living room/lounge area into my bike and slot car room. With the big bikes I am building it will be far better for access directly in the front door rather than weaving through the house. The lounge/living will now be being moved into the spare bedroom! :shock:

Pretty sure I married the right girl! :wink:

Luke.

If i bring a bike inside its possibly 3 hours max.Or I get threating to either have it thrown in the garbage can or sold for nearly cheap to the town kids :shock:
Last time i has a old schwinn hornet leak rusty water all over the place and had to clean up the mess before the folks found out.Now I got the 3rd garage all to myself for my rusty gold :wink:

Back