How much lighting do you have for night riding?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I of course have the flat black bike void of all things shiny, but I have my "Commuter" bike that I ride after dark quite often. I am now running three headlamps because well quite frankly I have night blindness like a so and so! Anyway, how much night lighting do all of you run? Would really love to see pics! :)

I currently run 2 turtles on my bike. Those are encased LEDs that you can strap anywhere. I run a white one in the front and a red in the back. I put them both on flash and they provide ample awareness of my presence to surrounding traffic. Being in the City, I mostly need to be seen than to see, so this application works great for me. They actually saved my life last week, I was going to get hit by a Police car on an emergency call while I had a full green light. He saw me and stopped. $9 well spent.

DSCN1445.jpg

Thats cool! I got a reflective vest now as well, three lamps up front and just one rear red for now, had two but one busted off after I missed a curb. My daughter and I just built a little trailer to pull behind for trips to the store, now I want to light that up as well! :)

sidewalk lights, thats bout it. used to duct tape a 21 led flashlight to my fender on my huffy, then it got stolen. also had a 12 led light on my orange bike, that got stolen to. so i kinda gave up on lights. :wink:

I bought a good quality light for mountain biking, the advantage is it installs in seconds so is easy to swap from bike to bike. Not my pics, but give you an idea of the setup :wink: When riding near the road I point them down so as not to blind drivers (but still enough that they'll see them)

battery pack velcros to the headstem, as you can see size is quite small
4601027804_d21e0793ae_b.jpg

No lights

4600373443_6df56849ce_b.jpg

Low beam
4600376477_180b4608bc_b.jpg

High beam
4600996208_0e35c0f0dc_b.jpg

I have a half dozen bicycle lights, but my favorite is a Princeton Tec EOS. Nice light. Comes with a head strap so you can use it for night hiking or at a campsite. Not too expensive, regular batteries, pretty bright.

http://www.princetontec.com/?q=eos-bike

CycleTruck said:
I run a 50 lumen LED kit in an EverReady Captain flashlight mounted with a Wald flashlight bracket on both of my bikes and a standard red blinky at the rear.

A195.jpg
That's brilliant, the old is new again. (Pun totally intended).

Back