How to...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, that's neat. My girl friend, Littlebluetrike, knitted a seat cover last Monday. Skirt guards are next on her project list!

After about an hour and a half I think I got a good style going on for a seat cover. I'll show what that looks like sometime really soon.

As for skirt guards, I started a pattern idea, so far this one is a leaf pattern, so It will take some trial and error to get the look I want. I just need to get one basic one started so I can get the idea in my mind to do different ones.

So It might take a tad bit of time due to life will be getting a little busier. I'll have some free time in the next couple days and be able to show some results.

I'm thinking for price, $15 a skirt guard (which you'd want a pair for $30) would be fine and $5 a seat cover. Lowpowered and I would also trade.

Yeah its one of my many hobbies now. I take pride in my bicycle. I doubt I'll ever drive. I am super ADD, so driving is a bit out of the question and I don't feel I need to. I have gotten this far without driving lol.

and littlebluetrike That sounds like a great price!
I can't wait to see results. I'll probably want one in red or black when the time comes for me to order one from you =D. I like my seat right now so no seat cover needed. My bicycle grips and seat are leopard and my bicycle is red.
Heres a pic
2dri4qt.jpg

Cool bike!.A little mild...a little wild.

Leopard! (wild) :wink:

LaurenStanger said:
Yeah its one of my many hobbies now. I take pride in my bicycle. I doubt I'll ever drive. I am super ADD, so driving is a bit out of the question and I don't feel I need to. I have gotten this far without driving lol.
Heres a pic
2dri4qt.jpg

What is it- a Schwinn Breeze ? I like the red and leopard combo.

it really cleaned up great! :shock:

there was a cool leopard makeup bag at the thrift I thought was a seat bag till I realized there were no straps on it, i'll see if its still there in the morning, maybe you can make a seat bag outa it...

I had a black girls Breeze just like yours. It was really hard to pedal with the single speed hub. I put a kickback on it and it was much better. You should consider getting one. Gary

Great looking Breeze!

A friend of mine picked up one of those used, and it came with a kickback hub when it was new. A kickback hub is a 2 speed hub, usually automatic, meaning there's no shifter and cable to deal with. It stops like a one speed, by pedaling backward to hit the brakes, but if you just pedal back slightly, it shifts to the other gear. Then again to get back to the other gear. It's usually a yellow or red band hub, and you have a regular gear, like a standard one speed, and a low gear, for climbing hills or starting off. They were made in the late 50's into the 60's by Bendix mostly. They are now starting to be made again, by Sturmey Archer. I've got a yellow band 2 speed on my old schwinn, it really helps because the bike is heavy.

jpyiqd.jpg

Back