HS's Bomber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I've decided to take on my first build off, I hope I turn out a nice bike for ya all to enjoy, I seen a Army type bike today that made me wanna build on, so then I got the reminder build off email! so now I will make one. Well being canadian finding the right frame is hard but since I own two firestones I decided this frame will be choice, I'll start stripping it tomorow!

Sorry Klunker but I think youll enjoy your new life!

100_2057.jpg

Todays work was very eventfull, I've got the base of my bike done, lots more to go though.
I also found out that this had a Firestone headbadge on it but the blue paint under the green paint said Monark.

100_2111.jpg

100_2112.jpg

100_2113.jpg

100_2114.jpg

I ran out of black... Lol but I wanted to ride it they are gonna be black, easy to remove so I assembled it, I like the green and black combo, I did buy the other colors but decided the green and black is choice!

Now it aint finished though, theres the matter of a tank, rack, light and alot more!

Since shipping to canada is a pain I've decided on Making my own parts, I'm gonna make my own train light and tank, Out of wood or alloy sheets, i've got a unlimited supply of Alumunum sheets, benifit of having window installers in family.

Since I have a compleat tank bike the same i'll use the tank and light to make another set, never attempted this before but it's not that hard.

As to why so fast? I was bored tooday lol and it got really hot so it baked the paint nice

Ottawa, aint to far from you, I found out that princess auto has ammo boxes for like 10$~! you live in a nice big area, you must find nice stuffs!

Well I was doing some thinking, and I was starting on restoring my other firestone annd notiiced the big deep fenders where all beat up pretty good so I decided! why not add the rack,tank, headlight from that bike?! I've always wanted a bike these colors like this anyway so it will indeed look like an old motobike, After it's apll painted the next step is the lovely pictures and addons. it may not be a fancy build but I think it will turn out nice!

Well I did some more work today on the bike, gotta do some decals and stuffs nows, it aint anything special but it's my build lol

100_2116.jpg

100_2117.jpg

Yeah I aint a fan of them tires myself but for some reason they suited the build, The Cheese grater rack is also finished it's just not installed yet. the best part of this build is. it rides like a dream, you could just keep peddling. I might order in a set of deep fenders, the ones I had had alot of dents allover them, but when you think about it. it would look like it's been in the wars lol. the springer dosn't work right for some reason though, anybody have a assembly map for it? I think I assembled it wrong... lol

Hsean said:
Yeah I aint a fan of them tires myself but for some reason they suited the build, The Cheese grater rack is also finished it's just not installed yet. the best part of this build is. it rides like a dream, you could just keep peddling. I might order in a set of deep fenders, the ones I had had alot of dents allover them, but when you think about it. it would look like it's been in the wars lol. the springer dosn't work right for some reason though, anybody have a assembly map for it? I think I assembled it wrong... lol

Are the fender braces interfeiring with the pivots somehow?

Actualy I noticed when I got off the bike yesterday one of the springs was stuck down for some reason. i'll just use the slightly rusty parts off the other firestone and see what happens lol that one never made noise. it's ppossible somethings bent on these

Hmm I've been riding it alot and come to this. Department store wheels ainr no match for a very heavy bike with a heavy rider on it!. my bikes makes nice crackling noises, what could it be!

On the bright side a family frend came over today with an old moto bike in a trailer he was fixing up, he didn't need these parts, I likes them!

100_2128.jpg

100_2129.jpg

Latest posts

Back