• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Huffy Fender Ornament Fins! Handmade Reproductions for 1964-70!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I have made another limited run of my reproduction fin inserts for 1964-70 Huffy and Monark fender ornaments. These suckers are almost always broken and finding any intact is very difficult. Why are these always broken off the bike? Because the fins were too high for the down tube of the bike! The first time the bike was wrecked or fell down, and the front wheel passed under the frame 360 degrees - SNAP!

I was fortunate enough to find ONE intact fin for my '65 Silver Jet two years ago and I saw an opportunity. That opportunity was to fill a small void in this hobby for other classic Huffy owners. I started making these by hand from recycled materials for myself and sold the remaining few to some online friends. Every one is hand made and cut to the exact shape of the originals. The only difference is these are slightly thinner and they lack the two small pegs on the bottom. However, they look fantastic!

Installation instructions will be included with each order. Each fin is only $15 shipped to your door via USPS. I will offer international shipping at extra cost. PayPal preferred but I also take cash and Postal Money Order.

ORIGINAL FIN IN RE-CHROMED ORNAMENT:

031_zps3cujhkij-1.jpg

GO FROM THIS:

030_zpsthh9lxba-1.jpg

TO THIS! USING MY HAND-MADE REPRODUCTION:

029_zpsip58dnma-1.jpg

Here is my original 1964 Monark Silver King sporting a reproduction fin. This bike was nice enough for a local museum, the Decorative Arts Center of Ohio, displayed from August through December of 2016.

monark.jpg

monark 1.jpg

Bump

Dude, while I'm not in the market for one of these, I just want to say 'Thank you' for taking the initiative to essentially 'repop' them.
Cheers to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! It's a passion of mine! I may start selling eBay soon. I haven't done much eBaying at all for over a year now. However, I think I have tapped out RRB and the CABE on these.

Back