huffy good vibrations

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
picked this up a while ago.
IMG_3796.jpg

right now its like this
IMG_4086.jpg

IMG_4088.jpg

I still have a logn way to go bbut it will hopefully be done by next week.

Nice paint. Do you know what year this Huffy is? First two didgits in the serial # should be a letter " H " followed by the last didgit of the year it was made. You have to figure out what decade from looking at other things. What caught my eye was the fork was not like my '62 Huffy and the pedals have reflectors though they may have been replaced. My Huffy was my first rat and always interested in those Huffy bikes.

GL

I have a terrible weakness for these old Huffys. Here's my 1978 Good Vibrations. I have close to 25 rideable bikes....this one is my favorite rider.
Nirve wheels, Sturmey Archer 3 speed, Electra bars, stem, seat, repop springer fork, Monark 52T chainring, Grand Typhoon Red Brick tires, and all original paint. I've posted this one a few times but I can't help it when I see other ones like it. Your color choice is most excellent. IMHO your color would look great with the white version of these tires.

100_1730.jpg

100_1731.jpg

100_1732.jpg

To answer your question the other night, no i havent seen this bike. Great frame and the colors awsome!!! very so cal.this is going to turn out cool as all get out, just like your others.

Again, turned out awsome.... you have a new calling in life!!!

Here's a head badge tip. You should use a bottle cap from Stewart's Orange N' Cream Soda. It has a picture of a creamsicle on it. Here's a picture of the emblem http://www.drinkstewarts.com/freebies.aspx . You can flatten the bottle cap and use it as a head badge. You can even use a piece of metal to make a border like most head badges have. Good luck :D

Back