Huffy Krate

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-1980-something 20" Huffy girls bike
-Two-tone black gloss and gray primer
-Original handlebars with rebar extenders
-Front fork is a late model Schwinn hardtail mt. bike
-Sissy bar is the frame of an early 90's pnumatic-tire kick scooter
-Curb Dog (Kenda) redwall 20" tires (slime tubes!)
-20" banana seat

I picked this bike up at my roller derby league's tage sale last year. I was gun-ho about chopping it up until i found out that it was my girlfriend's bike when she was a kid. So it sat in my garage till i decided to chop it for her.

I also sweet talked my design professor into letting me use it and another bike (which i will post this week) for my final project. This one is almost done...

496438433_1d53d6a00e.jpg

496438445_f78dea1f4c.jpg

496438499_3f6adc1a86.jpg

I still need to completely mount the handlebars (i tried a metal epoxy and contact cement for a pliable bond, didnt work) and do a little extra painting (black front end) whaddya think?

502365487_79a58590f7.jpg

I like your mod with the handlebars and forks. Did you insert the rebar into the top of the forks? Maybe a top plate to tie the top of the fork to the handle bars to complete the tripletree.

Clancy

Yeah, yeah, yeah, nice bike! Meet me in the "Other Talk" section and elaborate on the Roller derby thing! :shock: I'm intrigued!
It is turning into a nice looking ride.

Here's what I did on my Ratasia bike. Hope it helps to inspire.

ratasiafork3.jpg

Sorry I don't have more pics, my camera took a crap during the build and I had to rely on friends for what few pics I got.
Here's the finished(?) product. Maybe you can see what i did at least.

026_24.jpg

Back