HuffyDesigner's Sneek Peek and Question Thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured I would put together a topic where I will post pictures of bikes and other sneek peeks straight from the Huffy Design Center. So please feel free to ask questions and I will do my best to answer them. I hope you enjoy.

Please check out my other topics as well.

My Intro http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13780&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

My Gallery http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15117

My Covert Cruiser
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15116

The first thing I'll do is repost the Deluxe cruisers that I designed for our 2010 adult line. I can say that these bikes have been received very well by retailers and should show up in stores spring 2010. As I find out more specifics I'll let you know which retailers will actually be carrying them.

DSC_9775.jpg

26750_glamour_1.jpg

26750_glamour_5.jpg

Oh and my dog is not included with the men's Deluxe model.

The next sneek peek I'll give is of a pair of bike for the infamous Walmart. They were based on the Deluxes (as you can see) and should be in about 450 stores around the country this coming spring.

56560_Nel_Lusso.jpg

56570_Nel_Lusso.jpg

I'm not sure if they will be available online or not.

I just recently finished this bike up for Kmart Australia. I had a lot of fun working on this bike, and I think it has quite a bit of style for a girls 20" bike.

I give you the Surf Betty.

20390A_glamour_4.jpg

20390A_glamour_6.jpg

20390A_glamour_8.jpg

20390A_glamour_3.jpg

20390A_glamour_2.jpg

20390A_glamour_5.jpg

Nice looking. I like the "old" styling. Taking the Huffy back to the roots. The integrated rack is cool. Now how about some retro 2 color paint jobs. Also where is that cool straight blade fork.

I think the Deluxe is cool but can that be had in a multi speed ? say 7 or more
You stated the Surf Betty is being made for the Austrailian market, will it also be available
here in the states ? I have Grand Daughters ready for bikes that size. I think it has really cool
lines in the frame design and just a nice looking girls bike ....I'll take two please :)
Is there a way to bring the manufacturing of Huffy bikes back to the states ? kinda recreate
some American jobs in this industry

I'm digging the new sprocket design on the Nel Lusso! But I fear Walmart customers will be thrown off by the name. Maybe they'd better call it "Bahh Sickkle"! :lol: ~Adam

Thanks for the comments. The new integrated racks are pretty cool, they actually expand. Where the color break is, you can pull on the rack and extend it 8-10". I don't have an exact measurement of the extension because we haven't seen a production sample yet.

The name Nel Lusso is Italian for "lap of luxury". We have a pair in a few Walmart stores as well as there website as a test. They are doing quite well so they wanted to update to the Deluxe platform and expand distribution.

As for the Surf Betty, as of right now it is only a concept for Australia. So there is no guarantee that it will even make it to production. But, I will certainly be fighting to show it to other retailers especially here in the states.

I can not tell you how much I wish that we were still manufacturing here in the states. The thought of being able to just head to the factory for quality control on paint and graphics anytime we needed to, just makes me want to cry. Not to mention the good feeling of being an all American company. However, I guess that we have to content ourselves to being American designed and operated. Due to the retail environment and competitors pricing, I cannot see us manufacturing here any time soon.

Oh cman, I will check to see if any retailers have picked up our new Granite's. They are the only model as of now that are spec'd with the new straight blade fork.

Back