I Always Thought About This

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin B

Bicycle Demolitionist
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There used to be some Ford Cammer and big block Chevy fuel cars. But, for the most part hemi' engines have been the mainstay. They could add Toyota if Mopar put this ad out now. While I always wondered about the positive publicity GM and Ford were giving to Mopar with their fuel cars, I never knew that Mopar ran ads that capitalized on it. Makes sense.
378595602_782220820579963_602586519015552824_n.jpg

Kid in our crew's dad had one back in the day, we'd snag the keys and push it out of the driveway, coast it down the hill until we were far enough away to start it up. Then, we'd go hunting v8s

I'd like to thank Toyota for putting their 2jz in the Lexus Sc300. Like a Supra with luxe interior View attachment 248217
I have an old 2wd, 2dr Jeep Cherokee that was a mail delivery truck I’ve been holding onto for years. One day I’ll stumble across a 2jz and it’ll get swapped

Rat rod autocross mail truck screamer

I have an old 2wd, 2dr Jeep Cherokee that was a mail delivery truck I’ve been holding onto for years. One day I’ll stumble across a 2jz and it’ll get swapped

Rat rod autocross mail truck screamer
Every day I become more convinced (concerned?) that you and I are the same individual, or at least copied from the same individual.
stewiacke-canada-june-16-2015-postal-delivery-truck-canada-post-corporation-is-canadas-main-po...jpg

Do you know how badly I want to drop something stupid powerful into one of these little idiots?

Here is a Camry fuel coupe (funny car) with the aftermarket Mopar power all F/C cars run. No fuel car has used an actual Mopar engine for years. They are alloy aftermarket engines based on the Chrysler hemi.
918772.jpg

Every day I become more convinced (concerned?) that you and I are the same individual, or at least copied from the same individual. View attachment 248219

Do you know how badly I want to drop something stupid powerful into one of these little idiots?
You don't want one of those they don't ship to captain awesome

Be careful what you wish for.
Those Grumman LLVs have a problem. Thousands of them have gone up in flames. The aluminum bodies burn too. I took these photos at my local post office back lot.

Every day I become more convinced (concerned?) that you and I are the same individual, or at least copied from the same individual. View attachment 248219

The lexus v8s are probably cheaper in the original ls400 bodies to you guys. 2jz are too popular for prices.

The lexus v8s are probably cheaper in the original ls400 bodies to you guys. 2jz are too popular for prices.

Although at one stage my dad had what started out as a 4 cylinder toyota 12 seater that had been rebodied as a micro copy of a winnebago. Then put in a buick 6 followed by a ford v8 built for load moving. DMV equivilent here would not ok 4 cylinder 1600cc to ford v8. But had no issues approving the buick 6. Then later buick 6 to ford v8. Not ibtentional the ford v8 was a motor by brother had stashed for his drag car spares. When the buick self destructed it was what he had his engine guy could reconfigure for a mobile brick.

There's something special about the power delivery of a boosted inline 6. That jz can probably make more power than the 8

Although at one stage my dad had what started out as a 4 cylinder toyota 12 seater that had been rebodied as a micro copy of a winnebago. Then put in a buick 6 followed by a ford v8 built for load moving. DMV equivilent here would not ok 4 cylinder 1600cc to ford v8. But had no issues approving the buick 6. Then later buick 6 to ford v8. Not ibtentional the ford v8 was a motor by brother had stashed for his drag car spares. When the buick self destructed it was what he had his engine guy could reconfigure for a mobile brick.
Emission regs have made swapping nearly impossible here. Now you are required to use only options that had been offered by the manufacturer so there are standards that can be applied. There used to be massive loopholes, if the engine was never offered in Canada, then there were no requirements. I put a DOHC Integra engine into a sohc civic engine bay. Absolutely no exhaust restrictions, just a tube from the engine to the bumper. I would turn off the engine when pulled over by police so I they wouldn't hear it and give trouble

There's something special about the power delivery of a boosted inline 6. That jz can probably make more power than the 8
I started out with it’s ancestor in a 1070 Toyota crown. Single OHC that I could balance a coin on the valve cover and rev to 6k rev limit without if falling over. Had various models up the the 1986 crown with the by then DOHC 2.8 litre 5mge. Eventually replaced by tye 1jz-fe or the same v8 as the Lexus that was produced after the then $65k or so crown was deemed to expensive for our market.

back in the day i had a 66 ford comet with a 6 banger and i had this hipo 289 intake and a buddy of mine wanted it and he had a NOS kit so i traded him the comet had over 300.000 miles on it so we got drunk and hook it up one night went cruiseing the street of winnipeg and this trans am pulled up beside us and he said i bet i could blow the doors of that car i said oh ya gussling back a bud lite i told my buddy when i dump the clutch give it quick burst ....the race was on rrrrrrrrrr 2nd burst rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 3rd rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hit the swicth rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr BOOOOOOOOOM we roll to a stop got out and i walk back and picked up a piston chunk of the oil pan a tree pieces of the crank ..................end story and car

Latest posts

Back