I am done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I have decided to not build anymore. although I do have I think 3 that I will finish. I just don't have the room and I want to go back building skin on frame Alute style kayak's and paddles.
so this is the deal, anyone in Wa or Or. that wants my stuff come on and take it away. I am not asking any money. just a run down.

41 shwinn excelsor frame, 55 hawthorn frame, shwinn old style girl frame, girls higgins frame almost complete. some 3 speeds, single speeds and a ton of parts. so if ya want this you have to take it all, other wise it goes to the dump. bring your truck.

e-mail me at: [email protected] and give me your phone # where I can reach you. this is no joke.

Outlaw :)

wish i was closer, ive kinda realized im done, but not by choice, by lack of parts and projects.

your still gunna lurk and be on the forum though right?

DONT GIVE UP

Just stuff everything in the corner.

You'll come back to it...someday

DONT do anything yer gonna regret.

I still have 3 bikes to build for my personnel use. I just don't have the room in the new shop. I want to get back into building my kayaks and paddles and besides my wife and I want to do some travling around the country so we will be gone alot to. so thats how it will be.

Outlaw

I am at the same point. I have my bikes that I like- '34 Colson Rat (#1 rider), '55 Schwinn Spitfire (all original and nice), and my '37 BSA tandem. The family all have their bikes so we don't need any more.

I have sort of lost my motivation and desire to build. I have one more bike that I am building and it is going to be raffled off at the Midwest Bicycle Fest in October. I have been selling off my excess bikes and parts and I am just about done.

yeah, wow, I can't beleave nobody in WA or OR doesn't read this post. free stuff, I don't get it. well I'll leave it up till after next week then it all goes to the junk yard.

Outlaw

Hey OUTLAW keep coming here, we like your comments and points of view. As far as building bikes, we all slow down. I had over 70 bikes a few years ago, now I'm down to five. I still LOVE to build them, just not one right after another. I enjoy the competition and bantering back and forth of a build off. For me I found out that I really enjoy riding more. My wife and I, for the last two years, have based our vacations on riding trips. I've got one more bike to re-do. Then I might not build one until next year.....I had no intention off entering this years build off, lack of enthusiasm on my part. But I have to tell you, it was the MOST fun I've EVER had building a bike (even though it was a very simple bike). So hang in there. Building bikes is a DISEASE, it may go into remission for a while....But it NEVER goes away. :wink:

kota, yeah, i am holding one out for the next buildoff. also, one of my neighbors came by and he is taking all I have. so he is across the street, so i'll be helping him build. so all is not lost. i'll be hanging out here to see what goes on. my next buildoff bike that I have will be awsome, so you all better watch out. see I am still here. lol

Outlaw :shock:

Back