I am looking for this type of frame ??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I AM ONLY LOOKING FOR NEW or REPRODUCTION FRAMES . I am looking to build a few new bikes. I am wanting to use this type of 1970's? cruiser frame. I have looked at a alot of the newer frames and do not want to use any them. Does anyone reproduce this type of frame? CHEAP! The link below is what type of frame I am looking for. Someone help!

This site is is no longer active and or they are not answering my emails... But you can view the frame here. http://www.californiabeachcruiser.net/photospage.html

Check the worksman bikes site, they have a frame really similar. They can be had for a good deal. I believe there was someone on this site selling one that you might find with a quick search.

SSG said:
Check the worksman bikes site, they have a frame really similar. They can be had for a good deal. I believe there was someone on this site selling one that you might find with a quick search.

Hey! I was gonna say that!

http://worksmancycles.com/shopsite_sc/s ... isers.html

Yep, they'll sell you just a frame or any parts to build one like that. Their large frame is very similar.

myworksman-300.jpg

Good luck!
--Rob

SSG said:

Worksman wants $174 for a raw frame. I am looking for something a little cheaper/less quality.

Lusk, where are you located? Shipping is a killer anymore and finding one close to home would save you a bunch of money. Gary

Ah, bummer I didn't realize they were that much.

They aren't cheap when new. I've never actually had my hands on one of the large frame models- it's sort of uncommon. I use my INB at work every day though. (Industrial Newsboy, Worksman's standard issue industrial bike, black with a huge basket).

works040209.jpg

They're rugged for sure. Well, hope you find what you are looking for. The swap meets usually yield a couple candidates for custom projects like this. But you're definitely starting off in the right place.

--Rob

Lusk BMX said:
SSG said:

Worksman wants $174 for a raw frame. I am looking for something a little cheaper/less quality.

I don't know that you'll find ANY new frame cheap. Cheap bikes usually come as a complete bike, and don't give you the option to get just the frame.

In addition to Worksman, there are two or three other industrial bike makers, but I expect their prices would be similar.

Occasionally, old frames from the 50's will show up on Craigslist or Ebay.

There are some Flying Pigeon bikes from China and various India-made bikes that have a double topbar, although usually straight. They don't look like the style you have shown, but are cool looking in their own right. They are cheap, but locating frames in the US may be a challenge. And they may be set up for different bearings, cranks, etc., than what you'd expect.

I bought an old bike from "Scott" in Spring, Texas, he will typically have Schwinn Heavy Duties in the Houston Craigslist. He has mentioned certain people having tons of old work bikes, Worksman and others. You could possibly track some down through him, but shipping would kill you if you weren't in the Houston area. There's a guy in Beaumont with a bunch of new but apparently flood-salvaged Worksman bikes, he's been advertising them at $200 in the Beaumont Craigslist. That's near Houston as well.

StephenH said:
I bought an old bike from "Scott" in Spring, Texas, he will typically have Schwinn Heavy Duties in the Houston Craigslist. He has mentioned certain people having tons of old work bikes, Worksman and others. You could possibly track some down through him, but shipping would kill you if you weren't in the Houston area. There's a guy in Beaumont with a bunch of new but apparently flood-salvaged Worksman bikes, he's been advertising them at $200 in the Beaumont Craigslist. That's near Houston as well.

I checked out that guy .His bikes are priced right! but I only need the frame. Shipping would kill me.I am stil on the hunt. I may just go with a new 26 Lowrider/Schwinn type frames and do a modify on it.

Back