I bought one!- Yamaha Moto-bike build idea

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I found out last night that the stock Yamaha Moto-bike can take 24" wheels and tires really easy (Normally 20"). This makes the stock frame a bit more interesting size-wise.

The tank in the pictures would be replaced with a cafe one naturally.
IMG_5442.jpg

I think if you ran an expansion chamber pipe to fill the space in front of the down tube. It would help.
434573131_o.jpg

I just bought a set of these forks, and 12" shocks which will raise the rear a bit from the 10" that are stock.
http://www.bmikarts.com/item/Fork-Assembly-300160-1440

4519.jpg

I also saw this on motorbicycling showing an engine will fit this frame. Tiiiiight though!
MotorizedMoto.jpg

Now I am posing on it again. Looks a little better than the shot on the first page! Still small though. But I guess no smaller than the cafe moped guys at this point.
IMG_5444.jpg

Fisch said:
I also saw this on motorbicycling showing an engine will fit this frame. Tiiiiight though!
MotorizedMoto.jpg

Think that's tight try putting one on a brats lowrider bike. I helped a buddy with one....had to drill through the top tube to run the throttle cable through the frame. Tight squeeze and it handled like crap. It was fun though.

Is this just a "look" thing? Or are you really going to try to ride it? On the MX frame pedaling doesn`t look like it`s going to be much fun... :D

MERK said:
Is this just a "look" thing? Or are you really going to try to ride it? On the MX frame pedaling doesn`t look like it`s going to be much fun... :D

Pedaling geometry would be horrid on this for sure! If it were done I think the pedals would just be to get the engine started and nothing else really. It seems pretty similar to what the cafe moped racers have to deal with.

Latebirds_Invitational.jpg

3612584170_ab44870feb.jpg

Just saw this. I have been looking for one on these Moto bikes too, and to do the exact same thing. Roll on 26's. I was planning on a cool chopper front fork and yeah you would definitely need longer rear shocks and depending how high the rear sits you could drop the chopper fork easy! got a ...... looking cafe racer! type bike.

Back