BO15 I Can't Afford the Gas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
db64fe04267b9277d7388fea0813c9bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's out! What kind of shape is the head tube in? :doh:

It's out! What kind of shape is the head tube in? :doh:

The head tube is fine, steer tube, not so much. I’m still drilling stuff out of it. Not sure it’s going to work, but I’m still going to try and salvage this build. If I can’t make it work, I do have a back up plan for a frame swap.

Cut a donor steertube piece and weld it to the bottom good section of your steertube.

steertube.jpg

I can’t believe how much people are asking for old bikes right now.

Yeah, I think because of the pandemic and the number of people looking for bikes in general, and lack of bikes available on CL or in the shops; the vintage bike sellers think they have something that's worth more than it is. Problem is, they are not selling to the mainstream. The vintage buyer is a specific breed, your ordinary Joe or Jane is not looking for 'vintage'. So those of us that ARE interested, pay the price. Doesn't fit the usual 'supply and demand' theory.

Yeah, I think because of the pandemic and the number of people looking for bikes in general, and lack of bikes available on CL or in the shops; the vintage bike sellers think they have something that's worth more than it is. Problem is, they are not selling to the mainstream. The vintage buyer is a specific breed, your ordinary Joe or Jane is not looking for 'vintage'. So those of us that ARE interested, pay the price. Doesn't fit the usual 'supply and demand' theory.

Right. Meanwhile it just sits there for sale with a high price tag on it, and other people see it and list their’s for the same price. Then they are offended when you offer them what it’s really worth.

Nice wheel lacing, the black spokes on original wheels look good. Like the tire selection too, vintage-y for sure.

Glad to see it is coming together even with the fork issue. I'm liking them black spokes.

I wasn’t sure about the black spokes; it was a “game-time” decision when I chose them. I was wavering, but I’m glad I decided on the black. Thanks

Nice wheel lacing, the black spokes on original wheels look good. Like the tire selection too, vintage-y for sure.

Thanks OJ. As I said above, I wasn’t sure, but I also like how they came out. Not many tire choices when dealing with S-7 rims.

That looks great together! The wheels set off the frame nicely!

That looks great together! The wheels set off the frame nicely!

Thanks KF. The fork is definitely “whiter” than the paint on the frame and wheels, which is more like “cream,” but under the circumstances, I’m pretty happy with it.

Back