I can't live without this tool! (your input needed)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
outskirtscustoms said:
ok specialty would be my crank arm puller, home-made of coarse.

i'd like to see that if you don't mind please. i use a pickle fork, but i've still messed up a few sprockets if they were stubborn.

1 would be either a 6" adjustable wrench, or a vice grip style leatherman. it's a hard choice 'cause i always have both on me.

2 would be a chain breaker i guess. it's the only bike specific tool i've brought. actually the one i have is broken. curse those rusty chains :x

yoothgeye said:
KJV said:
thats his "input" :arrow:
"your" thread titles ,reads;
[your input needed]. :roll:
let his input be "his". :mrgreen:

I'm just helping, I was actually giving him a second chance, like I gave you.

yeah, i actually wrote down bicycle
specific tools the first time. :oops: :arrow: :arrow:
then realized it was about "tools i can't live without".
good answer deorman :arrow:
some pasture piles under the boot is a stealthy touch,
:mrgreen:

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
i would love to have one of those Schwinn kick stand removers ! anybody know where i can get one ????

You could make one
kickstand_tool.jpg

Road Master said:
2 Park "Big Butt" Pedal Wrench

I bought one of these a few weeks back and it make short work of pedals all day long!

Monday morning I was heading to a dump to possibly grab some bike parts, quickly I threw 4 things into the car, and most have been named here:

1.Vice grips
2.adjustable wrench
3.set of allens
4.multi-wrench

The #4 is this guy:
Black-Decker-MSW100-Ready-Wrench.jpg

My wife gave it to me father's day last year and I knda looked at it with a fake smile and said thanks. Didn't look useful to me, but once I started taking apart piles of junk bikes I almost always have this in my hand, and it's pretty sturdy too, I use it as a hammer sometimes for pounding down stem bolts once I've loosened them up. The worst part is that they have trouble fitting in tight places, but now I wouldn't be without it, though it is kind of an embarrassing tool if you are a tool snob.

And finally, I always carry a clip pocket knife and for the past 13 years I've always a Swiss-Tech multi tool on my keychain. Pliers, wire/cable cutter, Phillips head, flat head. This thing has saved my butt so many times and once kept a car of mine from buring to the ground in an electric fire when it was the only thing around that could loosen and remove the battery cable feeding the short circuit.

1) welder 2)spoke wrench My welder may not get used more than my other tools, but most tools like wrenches, etc, if misplaced you can find something that works. If you need a welder, you just need a welder.

Latest posts

Back