I can't wait for the next BBO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you all have seen the seat and the boy was choppin at the bit to do some body mods.... :D

So using some of my pattern chip board we did some ideas 8) we liked the idea of makin the tank larger......more room for paint :D

IMG_0491.jpg

we also liked the idea of the snow plow front like you see on the big boys...we may make this larger?

IMG_0489.jpg

we are also toying with the idea of fillin in the back areas aswell

IMG_0495.jpg

it's a start and it will give me some more welding practice...cool

I also have not found the fenders that I like so I'm going to make them!

I boxed up my son and his chopper off to Grandpa's house on Vancouver island. We all had a great time working on the bike together! My dad now wants to do some custom stuff lol

IMG_0798.jpg

we finished up the body work and gave it a coat of primer fill. Then of to the local paint shop to pick a colour. Our local shop "Lordco" was great! we told them what we were up to, and they took my son out back and had him pick and mix the colour :D its hard to see in the pic's but there is a lot of metal flake and it turns a few shades darker as you walk around the bike

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0812-1.jpg

I had to put on the seat and have a look with the paint

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

I will have some more pic's after we have the bike all together :D :D

Nice work all 'round - it certainly changes the personality of the bike (for the better). Seeing this, and the other fabrication work being done by other members, really makes me want to learn welding.

BTW - has the blue fender arrived yet? Hopefully it's not stuck in limbo due to the strike.

-Mp

Back