I dont get Burritos?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AussieJester said:
p.s can someone post some examples of 'non-ratty' builds, as in more 'show' bike burrito's...pro paint quality components etc, or is this not really the Burrito way? All the burritos i have seen are more rat-type bicycles slapped together from cut up wallmart type bikes rather than full custom built ground up builds...

I'm not sure if this would be considered a burrito, but here is one I built that
was painted etc...

oct.

DSC00007.jpg

AussieJester said:
Not wanting to offend owners or prospective owners here, but i just don't get the whole Burrito thing (or tall bikes for that matter...but thats a whole different story) They look uncomfortable too ride and highly impractical, anythng taller than an ant and your in trouble...so ...whats the appeal? What am i missing?

KiM

EDIT: OH..aha and why are they even called 'Burritos' i don't get that either? I believe this is some sort of food you Americans eat? how is this relevant too a bicycle?

you really have to ride one to understand.
lets me start by saying, a well built burrito isn't uncomfortably, i ride all around the city on mine.
this bike in particular is a very easy,fast ride. i've put 50km trips in on that bike. the stance is much like that of a recumbant bike.
IMG_1493.jpg

burrito's ALWAYS turn heads. if your out on one, your making new friends, end of story!
i was flagged down buy 3 guys on harleys (and nice ones at that-panhead,fat boy and wacked custom)
just to let me know they dug my ride.
IMG_0621.jpg

been stopped by old people and young alike.
if the burrito goes out, i get stopped and asked about it.
the only real time your in for trouble is with speed bumps. they'll navigate most curbs,manholes and the majority of any major city or small town with ease.
ya learn not to peddle while turning, but even if your peddles hit the ground, the bikes are so low you hardly notice.

i can peddle my heart out, lean the bike to one side, and grind the peddle into the ground, using it as a brake with 0 risk of falling over. the bike just tries to right itself.
over 700km logged in on this bike, and trouble isn't something i've come across.

long and short, you'll never know what your missing until you ride one.
heres a couple pic's of the guys and girls my girlfriend works with. they all sell insurance and lets just say, there not the funest bunch of peeps to hang out with. (not that i dislike any of them) thier straight laced, don't take too many risks kinda people.
this was the first time any of them where out on my bikes.
IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

look at there faces, those smiles don't lie. :)

mmm hungry, need bur-ri-toooo... :mrgreen:

i keep saying i'm gonna paint mine, at least the two i posted in this thread. but i can't talk myself into taking time to do it. once they're together (or i rework something) and rideable , i ride 'em.

my name came up and i got to say i love riding Burritos i think thay are vary easy to ride and thay are my favorite to build i have two and there painted goody 2 shoes has a 300$ pain job plus i building two for other people so if any one doesn't get it come ride my bikes or i will build you one and mail it to you so you get it plus i have riden a tall bike or two and that is so much fun i think ever one should try that once
100_1591-1.jpg

100_0534.jpg

100_0541.jpg

icyuod2 said:
you really have to ride one to understand.

I'll take your/everyones word for it :) I get enough attention as is when i ride my bike
i want less not more seeing my bikes are illegal to ride on public roads in OZ.

Cheers for the pics interesting...

KiM

I'll take your/everyones word for it :) I get enough attention as is when i ride my bike
i want less not more seeing my bikes are illegal to ride on public roads in OZ.

Cheers for the pics interesting...

KiM

HAHAHAHA...Y know rules/laws where only made to be broken!

We're not all dorky and defensive. Bent riders are usually very friendly since they want more people to ride bents. I have a real blast riding this one and never failed to be seen in traffic. I guess Chainy is right, you gotta ride one to know what the hoopla is all about. I definitely want to try a tall bike just for the view up there. Must be amazing. :)

IMG_0392.jpg

NBP MotorSporrts said:
HAHAHAHA...Y know rules/laws where only made to be broken!

I'm breaking the law everytime i leave my driveway my e-bike is 6300watts OVER the legal 200watt motor output power limit hence i want to attract less attention not more...

KiM

AussieJester said:
I'm breaking the law everytime i leave my driveway my e-bike is 6300watts OVER the legal 200watt motor output power limit hence i want to attract less attention not more...

KiM

Yeah but that's not someting that's even noticeable unless the cops also an electrician or electronics geek. Look how many guys are running 80 c.c. motors on their bikes when they know that they're only allowed to have 49cc engines. They don't get noticed unless they're doing something stupid.
As I've said before, NOBODY on any custom forum can sit there and deny that they don't like or want the attention that they get. Just the fact that your telling us your bike is illegally overpowered proves that you want people to know of your accomplishments with your bike and how it stands out from others!
If I ever get over your way I'm definitely seeking you out and begging to ride that beast! 8)

that is amazing but i still wont build a tall bike. only because once you have had a few it would not suck as bad to fall off a burrito as it would a tall bike. but to each his own

That video is awesome! That would be a fun trail on any bike.

This thread has me thinking that my burrito plans need to get done this winter.
Burrito006.jpg

A Karfer Burrito? sounds yummy. Do it do it do it!

Back