i fought the bike and the bike won

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
thought id share this so everyone can laugh at my expense. I was just working on a pre war frame and my seat post was hitting on something in the seat tube. I felt around with a flat head and then curiosity killed the kat and I stuck my finger in the tube. Maybe I'm suffering from the nearly 100 degree temp today but I stuck my entire finger down!!! My kid ran into my garage (psychobilly music playing they know it's leave me alone time) and as I got up to see what she wanted the bike came with me. My finger was completely stuck. I pulled and twisted and nuttin... I litterally stood there scratching my head trying to figure out what to do lol. Thank god for a can of pomade I had in my back pocket!!!.. Keep it greasy fellas.

When I was a little whipper snapper my dad said.
"Son.. Be careful where you put your finger in cuz either you might like it or it might comeback to bite ya".
Thanks for sharing your finger in the wrong place story.. Haha
Pomade.. 1001 Uses.!!!

I feel your pain Rebel_56...

Back in late December (before the snow and ice) I was slicing a tube lengthwise while holding the other end on my index finger. No, I did not slice into my finger, I was quite careful in that regard. However, when the rest of the tube deformed slightly due to the release of pressure from the cut, suddenly my finger was, um, too perfect a fit if you get my drift.

Well, struggling didn't help, neither did a quick spritz of WD-40, sooooooo I make one more cut with the angle grinder than i'd planned, carry the freed tube to my vise and carefully squeeze until my finger was free...I had an extra few minutes of brazing later and another attachment point to make, but I still had enough tube length to make the joins.

So i'm not laughing AT you when I...
:rofl::21::rofl::21::rofl::21:

Back