I got a worksman front loader.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any pics of some cool worksman like this out there? Like a rat rod one or something. I want to do something cool with this bike just not sure what yet.

So I have rode this thing a few times now and man I wrecked it about everytime. lol Anyone else have problems with these bikes flipping over when turning especially on uneven ground?

ohiogsp said:
So I have rode this thing a few times now and man I wrecked it about everytime. lol Anyone else have problems with these bikes flipping over when turning especially on uneven ground?

It definitely takes some getting used to, I had a Mercurio front loader cargo bike, actually you're not supposed to go over 10MPH without a load of 50 lbs or more in the front. Definitely slow down in turns because as you turn it's not like a car's steering, on this one wheel gets closer and the other gets further away from the bike itself so it completely changes the dynamic of the bike. Also if yours is anything like mine was add a secondary brake!!! I lost my chain once and I was lucky enough to be able to hop off and be okay but if going down a hill you're out of luck. One big thing that helped on mine though was I lowered the gear ratio by swapping the front sprocket down to a 36 tooth. Much easier to ride and I wasn't transferring as much force to the handlebar trying to get leverage on the crank. :lol:

Here's the one I had
image-114.jpg

This is what I planned to do, kinda a Tiki bar / surfer / beach bike vibe to it. Never did get around to it though I got hard up for cash and space and sold it like an idiot.

image-117.jpg

Cool thanks for the replies. I cant get my pics to upload right now maybe tomorrow. The pics are cool I like it. I was thinking a seat for riders on the front of mine also. The gear change is in the works for sure.

ohiogsp said:
Cool thanks for the replies. I cant get my pics to upload right now maybe tomorrow. The pics are cool I like it. I was thinking a seat for riders on the front of mine also. The gear change is in the works for sure.

Yeah the "seat" on mine was just a few boards with a router mark through on the bottom to hold them in place so I could set them aside if I had to haul something, doubled as a ramp too. I still kinda miss that bike but I have no idea where I'd put it if I did still have it. (Small shed)

The size is the reason I have never had a trike of any kind before but I got it for $25 so could not pass it up.

ohiogsp said:
The size is the reason I have never had a trike of any kind before but I got it for $25 so could not pass it up.
Yeah for $25 you did GOOD!!! I sold mine for $300 AND a nice brand new nail gun.

Back