I have a Gripe.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
someone please tell me why ppl will post something in a forum or respond to something for sale or wanted in forum and then you never hear from them again ????

It's called "the craigslist syndrome", and people will either A: say "don't sell it, I'll be there in ten minutes with the $$", or B: call 5 minutes after you post the ad and say "what's the least you'll take for it?" :headbang: -Adam

I have 2 gripes. I went to buy a bike advertised on craigslist, and the seller made sure 2 buyers would show up so he could sell to the highest bidder. Then another time, I drove across town to buy a 3 speed Raleigh only to have the guy raise the asking price 20 bucks!

jusr saved some parts for a guy in cali so he could pay me when he got paid,never hers back,wont answer the phone,coulda sold the parts in tha mead time

I have 2 gripes. I went to buy a bike advertised on craigslist, and the seller made sure 2 buyers would show up so he could sell to the highest bidder. Then another time, I drove across town to buy a 3 speed Raleigh only to have the guy raise the asking price 20 bucks!

In either case, I'd walk away from the sale. I don't mind overpaying here and there, but those kind of tricks are dishonest, imo.

someone please tell me why ppl will post something in a forum or respond to something for sale or wanted in forum and then you never hear from them again ????

Not something I ever do, If I ask, I want and follow through. However, if my better half does not agree, I'll sit in pudd for the next week or so.. And then there's the few no gutz buyers, they want but, when better half finds out, they'll run for the hills.
Ba, ba, BYE, BYE!:
dreamstime_xs_20563837.jpg

I'm a glutton for punishment.
raging-wife.jpg

Last edited:
since the Pickers and Pawn Stars shows, everyone expects to bargain the price down.
Start a little bit high, and negotiate to where you want to be.

Latest posts

Back